Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2016-04-14
Posted by:Kelly McNamara
City of Calgary Document and Records Assistant Temporary in Calgary, AB
City of Calgary
Branch Calgary AB CA
Document and Records Assistant
Transfer digital records from the network to the digital library. You will also assist the Transportation Infrastructure business unit with day to day records…
As a Document and Records Assistant, you will assist the Document and Records Strategist by supporting the implementation of record and information management strategic plans. You will also assist the Transportation Infrastructure business unit with day to day records and document needs. Primary duties include:
- Classify, index, label and file physical and digital records.
- Deliver and retrieve physical records from off-site storage facility.
- Maintain the Integrated Recorded Information Management System (iRIMS) and Physical Objects records control database including creating entries, searching and locating record entries, identifying gaps in records series/missing records and creating inventory reports.
- Respond to requests from business unit staff to locate records and explain records procedures.
- Transfer digital records from the network to the digital library.
- Conduct records audits in iRIMS and Physical Objects databases by reviewing document content, verifying classifications and coding, removing duplicates and identifying gaps and missing documents and correcting anomalies.
- A High School Diploma or equivalency (e.g. GED) plus a minimum of 3 years of job-related experience in records management of physical and electronic records and records auditing.
- An intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required.
- Training or coursework in Fundamentals of Records Management, Records Management certificate program, Library Arts and a basic understanding/exposure to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) would be an asset.
- Experience using Livelink and iRIMS and/or Physical Objects is also an asset.
- Strong customer service, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. A high attention to detail, and excellent grammar and accuracy.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications