Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2017-02-10
City of Calgary Census & Election Summer Student Temporary in Calgary, AB
City of Calgary
Branch Calgary AB CA
Census & Election Summer Student
Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) will be an asset. As a summer student, you will be given meaningful, productive and…
As a summer student, you will be given meaningful, productive and challenging assignments while being introduced to a career in municipal government. In this position you will provide clerical and hands-on support for the census/enumeration process, elections and census outreach and 2017 Municipal General Election preparation. Primary duties include:
- Assist census takers who are experiencing technical or other difficulties while completing door-to-door data collection.
- Answer phones and assist citizens completing census/enumeration online.
- Participate in outreach activities for census and election education.
- Assist in the preparation of materials, including ballots and voter registration cards, for the 2017 Municipal General Election.
- Provide research and analysis support as required.
- Proof various types of communication and forms.
- Enrolled in a degree or diploma program in a Social Science, English, or a related field.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) will be an asset.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence (or provincial equivalent) and the use of a personal vehicle for work will also be considered an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated customer focus.
- Well developed research and analytical skills.
- Must have attended school full time in 2016-2017 to apply on this competition and intend to return to school on a full time basis in the next academic year.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications