Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2016-12-06
City of Calgary Building Maintenance Worker Temporary in Calgary, AB
City of Calgary
Branch Calgary AB CA
Building Maintenance Worker
Respond to work orders including visually inspecting sites, identifying problems, repairing and replacing items involving minor electrical, cabinetry, flooring,…
As a Building Maintenance Worker you will be responsible for a wide variety of residential property maintenance duties in a busy, customer focused work environment. Primary duties include:
- Completing interior and exterior repairs in both occupied and vacant housing units.
- Conduct regular site inspections including checking temperature and functioning of windows, testing water, and identifying maintenance add-ons.
- Respond to work orders including visually inspecting sites, identifying problems, repairing and replacing items involving minor electrical, cabinetry, flooring, drywall, painting, and carpentry repairs.
- Identify and report major repairs to the Maintenance Administrator, District Project Inspector and/or Maintenance Lead.
- Respond to emergencies, and troubleshoot and resolve issues when possible.
- Complete paperwork such as Move-Out Inspection Forms, Accommodation Inspection Reports, Maintenance Add-on forms and work order prioritization and completion.
Working Conditions: You will be required to drive between worksites, work around unusual conditions such as rotten food and rodents, and emotionally troubling situations such as poverty and violence.
- A completed High School Diploma or equivalency (i.e. GED) with at least 2 years of residential maintenance experience is required.
- Completed safety training such as Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) and enrollment in a Residential Building Operator Certificate will be considered assets.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently as well as to be an effective team member.
- Demonstrated time management skills and problem solving abilities.
- A security clearance will be conducted.
- Ability to obtain a City of Calgary operator’s permit .
- An offer of employment for this position will be conditional on an applicant passing a pre-employment drug test. Failure to pass a pre-employment drug test may prevent an applicant from being hired into any safety sensitive position for a period of up to twelve months.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications