Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2018-07-27
City of Calgary Administrative Assistant – AMENDMENT Full Time in Calgary, AB
City of Calgary
Branch Calgary AB CA
Administrative Assistant – AMENDMENT
Reporting to the Office Coordinator of Corporate Security, this position is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of administrative support…
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
Reporting to the Office Coordinator of Corporate Security, this position is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of administrative support services to the Business Unit and their staff. Primary duties include:
- Compile various data to create comprehensive reports.
- Process invoices, create and manage purchase orders, report on financial recoveries.
- Maintain a record of assigned work and projects for staff, including tracking employee professional development.
- Maintain and update existing documents regularly.
- Gather appropriate information for projects/files when required.
- Conduct the administration of Corporate Security’s background check process.
- Maintain SharePoint sites, as well as maintain and update Corporate Security Alerts.
- Compile and maintain portfolio of persons and groups of interest by liaising with internal/external customers.
- Handle politically sensitive and highly confidential issues in a professional and courteous manner.
- Schedule training sessions, maintain tracking and compiling feedback on training sessions.
A completed 1 year certificate/diploma in Business or Office Administration with a minimum of 4 years of office experience.
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel) is required.
Experience with Human Capital Management and Enterprise Asset Management will be considered assets.
Experience working in a legal or enforcement environment is preferred.
Successful performance in this position requires the ability to deal effectively with all levels of The Corporation.
The successful applicant must have the ability to work with minimal supervision while demonstrating a high level of initiative and good judgment.
Core competencies include: excellent communication skills, planning and organizing, efficiency and thoroughness, focus on results, relationship building, strong customer focus, and team building and teamwork.
Equivalent combinations of experience and education may be considered.
Business Unit: Corporate Security
Position Type: Permanent
Location: 323 – 7 Avenue S.E.
Compensation: Level B $51,020 – 75,927 per annum
Days of Work: This position typically works a 5 day
work week, earning 1 day off in each 3 week cycle.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Apply By: July 31, 2018
Job ID #: 301059