OverviewCity of Brampton Theatre Technician & Scenic Carpenter Part Time in Brampton, ON
City of Brampton
Branch Brampton ON CA
Theatre Technician & Scenic Carpenter
Assist full-time staff in scenic construction for other City departments, when required. Ensure City policies and building security is maintained and contracts…
TITLE : Theatre Technician & Scenic Carpenter
PAY RANGE: $15.00 per hour
DEPARTMENT : Public Services
DIVISION : Recreation and Culture
Under the direction of the Coordinator – Theatre Technical, ensure quality customer service to all patrons and clients of the City of Brampton theatres. Maintains and operates technical equipment including carpentry, lighting, sound, staging, video, and backline.
Reports To: Coordinator- Theatre Technical
Direction Exercised: N/A
- Assist with the set construction, load-in, set-up, running, and load-out of performances at various locations including but not limited to the Rose Theatre, Lester B. Pearson Theatre, Cyril Clark Theatre, Garden Square, Chinguacousy Park, and the Pearson Convention Centre.
- Perform daily maintenance of all scene shop tools and equipment including saws, hand tools, power tools and safety equipment to ensure a clean and safe work environment.
- Assist full-time staff in scenic construction for other City departments, when required.
- Assist in ensuring that technical requirements are met for the professional series, rental clients, and other city members.
- Ensure City policies and building security is maintained and contracts are adhered to.
- Report to Head Technician at the beginning of each shift for updates and information regarding the show or duties for the day.
- Provide performers, production staff, and the public with information on facility and operational procedures.
- Keeps daily maintenance logs and assists in keeping an accurate inventory of theatre assets.
- Provide theatre-related technical assistance to other City departments, when required.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, painting and removing garbage from stage and surrounding work-related areas.
- Understand, apply and adhere to Corporate Policies and Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Enrolled and returning to a recognized educational institution on a full time basis and maintaining a course load of 3 or more courses in a post secondary program
- Over two (2) years, up to and including four (4) years in a performing arts theatre environment with related experience.
- Valid, non-probationary Ontario Class G driver’s license.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Exceptional communication skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from one of the following: Lifesaving Society, Canadian Red Cross, St. John’s Ambulance, Canadian Ski Patrol.
- Successful candidates will be required to submit a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check, at their own expense, prior to commencing employment.
**Completion of Mandatory Health and Safety Awareness training.
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Applications must be received by February 13, 2015
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by February 13, 2015 . We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24