OverviewCity of Brampton COORDINATOR, SERVICE CENTRE (18 MONTH CONTRACT) Temporary in Brampton, ON
City of Brampton
Branch Brampton ON CA
COORDINATOR, SERVICE CENTRE (18 MONTH CONTRACT)
Distribute process fare media for all stores and locations. Maintain inventory control on all fare media for auditing purposes….
COORDINATOR, SERVICE CENTRE (18 MONTH CONTRACT)
Reference #: 102277
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Under the direction of Supervisor, Revenue and Service Centre, this role is responsible to coordinate, monitor and control the Transit fare media in the Service Centre locations and reconcile the daily cash revenues, as required. Oversee Transit Revenue Room on a rotational basis. Act as a key source of contact to meet operational needs and corporate service standards. Provide direction and guidance to part-time store staff.
This role also monitors and controls fare media inventories to meet required levels and to meet audit guidelines. Co-ordinate the distribution, disbursement and processing of all fare media, sort, count and wrap coins from daily cash receivables. Ensure high customer service standards and develop good working relationships with internal and external customers to include GO Transit, Mississauga Transit and other affiliated transportation services. Develop staff schedules to maximum productivity and ensure efficient coverage of scheduled service levels.
- Provide day-to-day coordination, guidance and support for Transit fare media and associated, processes, policies, practices and project initiatives to meet operational needs and corporate service standards.
- Distribute process fare media for all stores and locations.
- Maintain inventory control on all fare media for auditing purposes.
- Provide training to staff and ensure they possess knowledge in policy and practice guidelines.
- Act as a key source of contact and provide guidance, advice and support to ensure coordination meets operational needs and corporate service standards. Escalate complex issues to appropriate level for resolution.
- Build and maintain a relationship with cross-functional departments, team and management to support coordination and ensure a thorough understanding of operational needs.
C OMMUNICATION AND REPORTING
- Prepare reports; perform reconciliations and general ad hoc information as required accurately by established timelines.
- Create and maintain documentation and ensure necessary sign-offs and approvals meet policies and confidentiality.
- Conduct research using internal and external resources to gain insight of market trends, current programs, processes and practices to support management and recommend ways to improve business processes, service solutions and best practices.
- Maintain knowledge of collective agreements, City policies and practices, legislation, regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Use of effective resource and expense management at all times to meet corporate policies and guidelines.
- Monitor all cash handling procedures which include cash reports, revenue reports, deposits, security service, coin replenishment and employee short tallies.
TEAMWORK AND COOPERATION
- Participate in project coordination and team meetings as required to meet operational needs.
- Work well within diverse groups in support of operational goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate corporate values at all times.
- Participate as a member of cross-functional team.
- Provide support/backup as necessary.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent education/experience in related field.
- 3-5 years experience in a service or transportation field.
- Supervisory experience in a unionized environment is preferred.
- Thorough Knowledge of Municipal, Regional, Provincial and Federal Governments and applicable Legislations is an asset
- Ability to identify business needs, initiate and coordinate project resource requests
- Solid Customer Service and People Management skills; Interface with internal and external customers to meet corporate service standards
- Solid Organizational skills; Detail oriented, well organized able to coordinate activities and tasks meeting conflicting priorities and timelines
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft office/software
- Solid mathematical skills and attention to detail.
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Job status: Contract
Job Type: Non-Union
Applications must be received by November 3, 2016
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment or via www.workopolis.com quoting reference #102277 by November 3 2016, and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31