OverviewCity of Brampton ARTS AND CULTURE CLERK Part Time in Brampton, ON
City of Brampton
Branch Brampton ON CA
ARTS AND CULTURE CLERK
Arts and Culture Clerk. The Arts and Culture Clerk will provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients and will be responsible for…
TITLE: Arts and Culture Clerk
PAY RANGE: $12.25 – 13.50 – 14.75
DEPARTMENT: Public Services
DIVISION: Recreation and Culture
The Arts and Culture Clerk will provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients and will be responsible for providing administrative support to a department Programmer, Supervisor, or Manager.
Reports To: Coordinator, Supervisor or Manager
- Provide a high level of customer service including greeting and engaging customers.
- Communicate with the public, business partners and suppliers.
- Receive, sort and prepare mail for dispatch.
- Utilize PeopleSoft Financials to prepare and reconcile MasterCard statements, purchase orders, and monitor payment status and dates.
- Prepare and record cheque requisitions and purchase orders in a timely manner.
- Maintain tracking system for various expenses; provide reports when necessary.
- Maintain any necessary filing systems for invoices, staffing, and shows.
- Maintain and update divisional portal content.
- Draft, review and revise standard letters, memorandums, emails, presentations and various other documents.
- Print and distribute materials, photocopy documents, and send faxes.
- Co-ordinate meeting room bookings and special requirements. Attend meetings, take and transcribe minutes as required.
- Co-ordinate and maintain office supplies and resource materials.
- Understand, apply and adhere to Corporate Policies and Procedures and Health and Safety Standards for all participants and staff.
- Assist with time entry when necessary.
- Responsible for compliance with cash handling procedures.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion and tact.
- Other duties as required.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent; or a minimum of 2 years work experience in an office environment.
- College certificate or diploma in Administrative Studies or equivalent an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office with a strong emphasis in Excel.
- Proficiency in PeopleSoft Financials an asset.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multitask and work in a high pressure, high volume team oriented environment with minimal supervision, working independently and cooperatively with other members of the staff.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems with inefficiencies and develop effective solutions and solve problems.
- Current Standard First Aid / CPR C / AED from one of the following: Lifesaving Society, Canadian Red Cross, St. John’s Ambulance, Canadian Ski Patrol.
- Successful candidates will be required to submit a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check, at their own expense, prior to commencing employment.
**Completion of Mandatory Health and Safety Awareness training.
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Applications must be received by January 30, 2015.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by January 30, 2015, and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24