OverviewCity of Barrie Senior Recreation Client Services Representative (Temporary, Part-time) Part Time in Barrie, ON
City of Barrie
Branch Barrie ON CA
Senior Recreation Client Services Representative (Temporary, Part-time)
Communicates to Recreation Client Services Representatives on new or revised procedures and services….
Recreation Centre Client Service Operations and Delivery
• Assists the Supervisor of Recreation Client Services with monitoring the day-to-day activities of the Recreation Centre Client Services Desk which involves:
o overseeing the activities of the Recreation Client Services Representatives, providing assistance when required and informing the Supervisor of any issues and/or concerns;
o providing guidance, leadership, and training to Recreation Client Services Representatives on all aspects of Recreation Centre Client Services Desk operations including the computerized registration system; and
o responding to escalated and/or more complex requests, inquiries and/or complaints and further escalating to the Supervisor as required.
• Provides customer service to visitors and staff of the City of Barrie’s Recreation Centres through the Recreation Centre Client Services Desk which involves welcoming visitors, providing direction and information regarding programs and services and responding to and/or redirecting inquiries, questions and complaints received in person, via telephone, email, fax or mail.
• Assists customers with the registration process for recreation programs, which includes reviewing program details with customers, ensuring program availability, entering all required data into the computerized registration system, processing payments, and issuing receipts.
• Oversees the selling of tickets, passes, memberships and items for various recreation and City-wide programs, services and initiatives.
• Processes refunds for various Recreation Centre programs, items and/or services.
• Monitors the tracking and reconciliation of inventory items, such as office supplies, gift certificates, complimentary passes, and bus passes.
• Monitors and processes Recreation Centre facility bookings, which involves:
o reviewing submitted recreation facility booking forms and/or software to verify completeness;
o ensuring applicable facility booking documentation is provided to the customer, such as rental rates, licensing requirements, fire regulations, pool regulations, municipal alcohol policy, and insurance requirements;
o responding to escalated customer inquiries, concerns and/or changes to facility bookings, and further escalating to Supervisor as required; and
o approving facility bookings and notifying appropriate staff.
• Provides input into the review and evaluation of Recreation Centre Client Services Desk administrative and service delivery processes with a view of streamlining/updating practices and fostering excellence in customer service.
• Assists in the development, updating, and/or maintenance of training reference materials, manuals and job aids to support the delivery of services within the Recreation Centre Client Services Desk.
• Communicates to Recreation Client Services Representatives on new or revised procedures and services.
• Controls access to prescribed areas of the Recreation Centre and ensures that patrons entering the facility meet program admission standards such as age requirements, parent to child ratios and membership requirements, when applicable.
• Generates reports and statistics including, registration reports, class lists, course reports and facility schedules.
• Maintains inventory supply for various city programs and corporate initiatives such as bus passes, recycling bins and garbage bins.
• Provides technical support and troubleshooting to City Staff and customers using the computerized registration system.
• Ensures availability of required supplies and equipment.
• Performs daily financial reconciliation of Recreation Centre Client Services Desk sales.
• Handles cash transactions and maintains an accurate cash balance.
• Provides administrative support related to the delivery of recreation programs and services which involves monitoring and maintaining waitlists, facilitating program transfers, and notifying program participants of cancellations.
• Supports the Supervisor of Recreation Client Services in the administration Recreation Centre Client Services Desk purchasing, which involves:
o gathering office supply requests;
o ordering office supplies from designated supplier;
o organizing, authorizing, and reconciling petty cash; and
o processing invoices.
• Makes recommendations to the Supervisor for improvements.
• Acts in the absence of the Supervisor, when required.
• Completes periodic facility scans to ensure adherence to Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
• Responds to and/or assists with on-site emergencies, incidents and accidents, which may involve the provision of Standard First Aid, CPR, the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and/or the completion of an accident/incident report, when required.
• Performs other duties as assigned or as required in accordance with branch, departmental, divisional and/or corporate objectives.
• Corporate Orientation Training
• Corporate Health and Safety Training
• Recreation Services Departmental Orientation Training
• Standard First Aid, CPR Level C and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certifications
*Attends training, workshops and seminars as appropriate and as required
• Secondary School Diploma
• One (1) year College Certificate in Office Administration or a related preferred
• Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certifications
• Satisfactory Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks
• Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Certification within three (3) months of hire
• Two (2) years of cumulative part-time experience or one (1) year of full-time experience performing duties related to the above mentioned major responsibilities in a recreation and/or customer service work environment
• Four (4) years of cumulative part-time experience or two (2) years of full-time experience performing duties related to the above mentioned major responsibilities in a recreation work environment preferred
• Working knowledge of recreation facilities and programs preferred
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a high standard of public relations at all times
• Demonstrated ability to perform in a manner which is consistent with corporate goals, vision, mission, and values
• Demonstrated ability to deal with difficult customers and resolve customer issues in a diplomatic and professional manner
• Intermediate interpersonal, oral and written communication and customer service skills
• Basic computer literacy utilizing a computerized registration system (Active Net)
• Basic computer literacy utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word)
• Intermediate computer literacy utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word) preferred
• Availability to work weekdays, evenings, weekends and/or holidays, when required
The normal hours of work are up to and including 24 hours per week with a varying schedule to support business demand.
The 2016 salary range is $18.70 to $25.82 per hour.
Wednesday, January 25, 2017
In order for our Recruitment Team to confirm educational credentials required for the job (i.e. diplomas, licences, designations, etc.), we require all applicants to submit verification of these documents with their resume at the time of job application. The Recruitment Team will be unable to process applications that do not contain verification of required credentials.
Should you not meet the key educational qualifications for this position but have extensive directly related work experience, please see the City’s Education Equivalency Procedure to determine if you may qualify for equivalency. Information is available at www.barrie.ca/JobOpps .
Due to certain market conditions, there may be circumstances where qualified candidates are not available to fill vacant positions. The Corporation, in these cases, may consider candidates who do not meet the minimum qualifications to fill the role in accordance with the Development Status Procedure. Applicants must include proof of educational status, licenses (no driver’s licence), certification, etc., with their application.
Equivalency Code: A
Please submit your resume electronically by quoting file #T-16-78 Senior Recreation Client Services Representative (Temporary, Part-time) (MS Word format only; quote file number in subject line) , by Wednesday, January 25, 2017 to E-mail [email protected] Human Resources Department, City of Barrie, P.O. Box 400, Barrie, Ontario, L4M 4T5
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Barrie, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23