OverviewCineplex Entertainment LP Operations Assistant, BC Region (13-month Contract) (0100) Temporary in Vancouver, BC
Cineplex Entertainment LP
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Operations Assistant, BC Region (13-month Contract) (0100)
The British Columbia Operations department at our Regional Office in Vancouver is currently seeking an Operations Assistant, BC Region , reporting directly to…
Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment companies and operates numerous businesses including theatrical exhibition, food service, amusement gaming (Player One Amusement Group), alternative programming (Cineplex Events), traditional and digital media (Cineplex Media and Cineplex Digital Media), out of home leisure and entertainment (The Rec Room), eSports (World Gaming), and home entertainment content (CineplexStore.com). Cineplex is also a joint venture partner in SCENE – Canada’s largest entertainment loyalty program.
We are proudly a Canadian company with approximately 13,000 employees in Canada and the US, and we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs. To learn more about Cineplex please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
The British Columbia Operations department at our Regional Office in Vancouver is currently seeking an Operations Assistant, BC Region , reporting directly to the Executive Director, British Columbia Operations. Please note: This role is based out of our Regional Office located at 900 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V6Z 3G5. Please note: This is a 13 month contract position.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, BC Operations and other team members within the department
- Prepare memos, correspondence, proposals, reports and tables
- Organize personnel schedules, coordinate meetings, appointments, travel arrangements, and expenses
- Maintain relevant databases and assist in preparation for reviews or meetings
- Code and track invoices and spending
- Generate forms and maintain weekly tracking of various theatre-related files for department
- Prepare and maintain project schedules and tracking
- Plan and execute conferences/meetings – coordinate group sessions between theatre personnel, regional support team and Executive Director, organize events/seminars/entertainment
- Handle time sensitive projects and confidential files
- Maintain communication between all theatres within the region of BC
- Greet external guests (vendors and potential new clients), answer and screen all incoming telephone enquiries and take the initiative to address their concerns
- Open and distribute mail, prepare couriers and maintain files
- Assist with department projects as required The ideal candidate will have:
- Has clerical/basic accounting skills
- A background in Theatre management, retail or hospitality environments is an asset
- Must be mature self-starters, detail oriented, able to meet deadlines, take initiative, and able to work independently
- Must use discretion and judgment necessary to treat confidential items and assignments appropriately
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Must be efficient and possess strong keyboarding skills
- Must be able to maintain effective working relationships with theatre, regional and home office teams
- Must possess a strong guest service focus and have superior interpersonal and time management skills
- Must have the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Expert use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Outlook are prerequisites for this position.Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-05