OverviewCiena Software Designer Coop – Multiple Positions (Summer 2017) Temporary in Ottawa, ON
Branch Ottawa ON CA
Software Designer Coop – Multiple Positions (Summer 2017)
Development of embedded, real-time software for telecommunications systems. Provide assistance to product support teams when required….
Ciena Corporation, the network specialist, offers leading network infrastructure solutions, intelligent software and a comprehensive services practice. Our portfolio of software-centric optical and Ethernet platforms combines network element programmability, operating system commonality and management unification, and Carrier Ethernet-based transformation to enable our customers to change the way they compete. Our solutions form the foundation of many of the largest, most reliable and sophisticated service provider, enterprise, government, and research and education networks across the globe.
*** Positions will begin in May 2017. Please specify in your resume and/or cover letter how many months you are available for.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
Ciena’s 6500 Family unlocks the network’s full potential—leveraging advanced coherent optics, automated OTN, packet and SONET/SDH switching, control plane, and unified network management—to help network operators scale, manage, and differentiate their services.
Optical networks continue to aggressively move towards Layer 0/1/2 converged infrastructures.
Join the 6500 team in delivering these Optical Ethernet Network solutions:
- Next Generation optical transport solutions
- Hybrid Layer 0/1/2 switching (OTN/Packet)
- Triple Play, MSO and wireless transport oriented solutions.
- The activities for this position will involve working as part of a design team developing on-switch application and OAM software features to support Optical/Ethernet based initiatives.
- Development of embedded, real-time software for telecommunications systems.
- Development of applications which extend the capabilities of the 6500 platform.
- Coding and testing of software.
- Support of testing activities in the release where feature is delivered.
- Provide assistance to product support teams when required.
- Self Motivated
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
- Enthusiastic Innovative Software Designer
- Good Communicator
- 2nd – 3rd year Engineering or Computer Science, preferably with prior co-op experience in related fields.
The following information will assist you in completing the online application:
- To qualify as an intern or co-op student, you must be returning to school once the work-term is complete, or the work-term is the final requirement for graduation.
- When applying online, please upload your RESUME and TRANSCRIPT
- We will be screening your RESUME based on the following 3 components: Employment History (e.g. co-op or internship placements, summer jobs), GPA (and what it is out of, e.g. 3.2/4.0, 80/100, etc.); and Extracurricular/Volunteer activities.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-25