OverviewCIBC Transactions Processing Officer Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Transactions Processing Officer
Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and…
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in
nd around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
The Transaction Processing Officer is accountable for transactions of a financial and non financial nature related to account maintenance processing; posting customer deposits, related suspense account entries and adjustments and processing wires and transfers. Verify all incoming and outgoing transactions to ensure adherence to agreements and balanced reporting using independent judgement based on experience and using standard procedures and guidelines. Ensure productivity standards are achieved and Service Level Agreements are met or exceeded.
- Receive requests from internal and external clients for processing financial transactions (e.g. sending cables, IBP’s, preparing drafts/money orders and transferring funds between accounts)
- Process entries using multiple steps and involving unique situations (e.g. foreign exchange, corporate accounts) to ensure adjustments are posted directly to customer’s accounts, operation centres or branches
- Verify documentation on file to ensure accuracy (e.g. fax agreement, signatures, special handling instructions, available funds); create new client files using an in-house database system and ensure client service charges are calculated and charged appropriately
- Receive requests and verify information against documentation, indicating any special handling instructions as dictated by the client; print and forward information as appropriate
- Remit and/or settle funds (e.g. cable, EFT, IDP, third party demands) using an in-house system to fulfill client requests
- Escalate non-conforming requests or those requests exceeding dollar limits to appropriate areas for authorization
- Complete clerical duties such as filing, faxing, photocopying, stationery ordering, typing basic information and modifying established spreadsheets to provide administrative support to department
- Keep informed on all changes to products and services, rules and regulations to ensure accurate processing of documents and perform accurate quality assurance checks
- Collect measurement information for job function following procedures and guidelines (e.g. volume and time) to track and report to Sr. Officer and/or Supervisor
- Strive to meet high customer service levels by processing incoming requests efficiently and in accordance with procedures and policies to meet Service Level Agreements
- Prioritize and organize workload based on risk/severity and documents required to ensure deadlines are met according to policies and procedures and service level agreements
- Train new incumbents and/or temporary staff on procedures and guidelines to ensure transfer of knowledge and consistency in process
- Cross train in other positions to assist/provide support to other team members/area(s) of equal value in peak times or on a temporary basis to meet or exceed Service Level Agreements
- Identify and recommend changes to existing processes and procedures to improve client satisfaction
- Interpret exception items against procedures and escalate based on customer impact
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in a branch banking environment or items processing environment
- Knowledge of internal CIBC systems and applications (e.g. COINS) and strong keyboarding skills
- Ability to use general office equipment (e.g. adding machines, fax, photocopier, scanner, printer)
- Basic PC skills in a Windows environment (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Basic accounting skills sufficient to understand formulas in calculating amounts
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) sufficient to express an idea or thought
- Organizational skills sufficient to prioritize routine daily workload
- Ability to use independent judgement, according to general routines
- Ability to identify when to escalate and understand the risk involved
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity and accuracy while completing tasks within established timeframes
- Ability to determine priorities in a high volume environment meeting or exceeding client expectations where most of the information involved is detailed and factual
- Ability to realize alternative solutions in completing a request that is not straightforward
- Compliance with all CIBC regulatory training and ensure these programs and policies are applied consistently across the business. The incumbent is personally responsible for compliance with all such regulatory and governance programs.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23