OverviewCIBC Specialist – Production Application Support Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Specialist – Production Application Support
As a Specialist, Production Application Support, you will join the Remote Banking Shared Services Technology group responsible for troubleshooting and resolving…
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
CIBC is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
The CIBC Technology team is passionate about delivering high-quality, innovative, and secure solutions that help our bank be the leader in client relationships. CIBC has a long history of technology firsts, and has been recognized for excellence in online and mobile banking functionality and innovation in payments by leading industry organizations. We’re building easy, flexible, and personalized banking solutions that allow us to meet our clients’ changing needs.
As a Specialist, Production Application Support, you will join the Remote Banking Shared Services Technology group responsible for troubleshooting and resolving any production issues.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Review technical issues, by troubleshooting and reviewing logs to identify technical issues
- Manage, support, and resolve complex technical issues arising in a calm and efficient manner
- Escalate and coordinate technology issues with the appropriate application support and technology infrastructure groups
- Evaluate service requests to ensure adherence to standards and processes, identifying inconsistencies while analyzing potential impacts of problems
- Analyze complex technical information to determine risk levels and technical feasibility when making changes to applications
- Identify and resolve medium to highly complex production problems for support of applications
- Successfully prioritize and manage multiple requests, projects, and activities typically working under pressure
- Effectively communicate problems and resolutions to various levels of the organization
- Ensure that all changes follow the appropriate process
- Ensure there are no issues when moving into the production environment
What We’re Looking For
- Passionate innovators, creators, collaborators, and leaders who are up for the challenge of building the bank of the future and delivering solutions that meet our clients’ changing needs
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience with Production Application Support, preferably within the Financial Industry
- Must have knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical problems (hardware, software, application or operational)
- Must have knowledge of activities, tasks, practices, deliverables and techniques for implementing new or enhanced applications into a production environment
- Must be able to build and maintain strong working relationships with business partners
- Must have strong communication in order to articulate technical issue and provide appropriate solutions
- Must have experience working in a Linux environment
- Experience with change management considered an asset
- Experience working in a Java, C or C++ environment considered an asset
- Experience working with Nonstop/Tandem considered an asset
- Experience supporting payment applications considered an asset
What CIBC Can Offer You
- The opportunity to be part of a team that continues to advance CIBC as the market leader in innovative technology
- An environment where you can build easy, flexible, and personalized banking solutions for CIBC clients while broadening your technical knowledge and expertise
- An organization that focuses on managing and developing talent with exceptional training, rotational experience, exposure, and mentorship opportunities
- The chance to network and work with senior leaders across Technology and our bank
- Workplace accommodation solutions and assistive technologies that remove functional barriers
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and employee banking benefits
- The opportunity to be involved in CIBC community investment and corporate sponsorship events such as Run for the Cure,
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition, Learning & Development, and Employee Community Involvement
What You Need To Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- This role operates in a 24/7 production environment, candidates will be required to carry a pager on a rotational basis
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-21