OverviewCIBC Social Media Specialist Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Social Media Specialist
Contribute to the development of the annual Advisor Services plan in conjunction with the Department head, Advisor Services managers, Product Development…
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website .
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes , community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
CIBC is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com .
CIBC Wealth Management is focused on providing excellence in relationship-based advice, service and product solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a comprehensive offer that addresses the full spectrum of wealth building clients, from self-directed investors to high-net-worth private wealth individuals to institutional clients. Advisor Services & Client Experience supports four major business lines:
- CIBC Wood Gundy is the full-service brokerage division of CIBC and has a broad network serving clients through 80 branches nationally.
- CIBC Asset Management is comprised of our institutional money management, retail mutual fund and managed solutions businesses. CIBC Asset Management is one of Canada’s leading asset managers.
- CIBC Private Wealth Management focuses exclusively on providing financial stewardship to Canada’s wealthiest individuals & families as well as private holding companies, trusts, estates, charitable foundations and First Nations.
- CIBC Investor’s Edge is our self-directed brokerage platform. The business offers clients a full array of investment products and securities, research and tools, available through electronic channels (including online and automated telephone services) and through our customer contact centre.
To play an essential role on the Wealth Advisor Services & Client Experience team, to provide social media and content strategy support – mainly to investment advisors within CIBC Wealth Management. Key responsibilities include social content creation, strategy, and training for investment advisors while adhering to compliance standards governed by their respective regulators. The incumbent will be the ‘social media expert’ to help advisors boost their profile and relationships with their clients and prospects.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Developing and delivering effective and timely social media support, content best practices and ongoing guidance for investment advisors at CIBC Wealth Management
- Responsible for social media support for investment advisors at CIBC Wealth Management.
- Act as the primary contact for Social Media support.
- Play a central role in social media guidance for CIBC Wealth advisors including ‘one-on-one’ training and ongoing management of best practices and guidelines. The incumbent will be positioned as ‘the expert’ for advisors seeking to integrate social media into their business practice.
- Develop and implement social media training for advisors across Canada, when applicable, utilizing technology for remote access training.
- Responsible for building a social media library including pre-approved content for daily posting by advisors. This may include follow up (approval or rejection) on social media submissions within a defined timeframe.
- Responsible for working with various compliance/legal partners to ensure social media content and ongoing strategy is compliant with respective investment advisors’ governing regulators.
- Responsible for working with various digital partners and vendors to ensure an optimal social media experience.
- Work with other partners at CIBC to integrate CIBC Wealth Management content into other social media channels. This may include updating content to fit within ‘social media’ best practices.
- Adhere to CIBC Wealth Management brand standards.
- Support the Communications & Brand Strategic Plan with the development and delivery of effective social media to help position CIBC Wealth Management as an industry leader and support the overall growth of the business.
- Contribute to the development of the annual Advisor Services plan in conjunction with the Department head, Advisor Services managers, Product Development colleagues, Client Services and Sales.
- Assist in the evaluation, development and implementation of a continuous value-added communications program for the benefit of segmented distribution channels.
- Ensure all content is accurate and approved by appropriate stakeholders (e.g. legal, compliance, product groups, sales force, management). Ensure all content is adapted and translated for use in Quebec.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with partners, stakeholders and vendors.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders from the investment advisor marketing team, product development group, sales, legal, compliance and outside vendors.
- Ensure process to obtain regular feedback from stakeholders and incorporate feedback into the content development.
- Provide updates to the Business on how Investment Advisors are using social media with feedback and observations for improvement.
- Provide metrics and report results to shape continued improvement in social media execution and strategy.
- Strategize with and educate the management team on incorporating various social media techniques into the corporate culture.
- Monitor industry and competitive environment to proactively identify opportunities and best practices.
- Identify Identify trends, emerging issues or major events that may impact social media within CIBC Wealth Management.
- Identify, recommend and implement solutions that anticipate or respond to changes in the environment.
- Maintain ‘currency’ in professional and specialized area sufficient to provide value-added content to clients on an ongoing basis.
- Maintain industry and organizational knowledge of relevant practices, principles and technologies.
- The incumbent will work closely with the various teams within CIBC Wealth Management, such as: other Communications team members, marketing and sales support teams, product groups, digital and eBusiness, Business Controls, Portfolio Management and Research and mid-to-senior levels of management.
- Multiple and continuous demands requiring a timely response.
- Large range of variables (including multiple projects/media/clients and diverse products/distribution channels) to consider in planning and organizing work.
- A variety of stakeholder objectives and perspectives must be balanced.
What We’re Looking For
- Degree in digital communications, journalism, marketing or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with social media as a prime job responsibility.
- Preferred experience in ‘one-on-one’ training and presenting to individuals via remote access.
- Experience with creating and updating presentations to facilitate ongoing support for investment advisors.
- Proven experience and expertise in creating content for social media platforms – LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
- Preferred experience in implementation, monitoring, and ongoing support with social network management solutions such as Socialite and Heresay.
- Knowledge/experience in the financial services industry; experience in the brokerage industry an asset.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to use these skills to build relationships and interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization (as well as external clients/vendors).
- Autonomous, with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure; able to manage and deliver against tight timelines and manage several projects simultaneously.
- Results driven; highly organized with a strong deadline and detail orientation.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability to train/advise individuals using ‘remote access technology.
- Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or other relevant financial services industry designation an asset.
- Bilingualism (French) is an asset.
What CIBC Can Offer You
What You Need To Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- Flexibility in work hours to meet critical timelines when required.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-11