OverviewCIBC Senior Mortgage Specialist, Real Estate Full Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Senior Mortgage Specialist, Real Estate
Experience in Real Estate would be. Business partners, lawyers, accountants and real estate agents with. Of a real estate loan portfolio and related banking…
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website .
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes , community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com .
A Mortgage/Loan Officer will be responsible for the on-going management of a real estate loan portfolio and related banking products. This individual will collect and prepare information to be submitted to Risk Management and or external customers as required. The
Mortgage Officer will be responsible for: (1) the annual reviews/renewals of specific loans which include the completion of a cash flow analysis of the property, and (2) the processing of customer initiated requests for Assumptions, Early Discharges, Amendments, etc., The Mortgage Officer will work closely with the other roles across REFD, CPS, Risk, Cash Management, Trade Finance & Treasury to ensure that documents are processed on a timely basis.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Collect financial information from clients for completion of annual reviews, amendments and assumptions which includes a cash flow analysis of the property and financial statements review.
- Respond to inquiries from customers, business partners, lawyers, accountants and real estate agents with respect to existing real estate loans and banking products.
- Ensure compliance with all CIBC regulatory training and work to ensure these programs
- and policies are applied consistently across the business. The incumbent will be personally responsible for compliance with all such regulatory and governance programs
What We’re Looking For
- Experience in financial services
- Experience in Real Estate would be preferable
- Knowledge and experience in a Customer Service capacity
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and CEAS
- General understanding of financial statement analysis
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under stringent deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition , Learning & Development , and Employee Community Involvement
What You Need To Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24