OverviewCIBC Mortgage Servicing Representative Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Mortgage Servicing Representative
Analyze the customer’s financial needs holistically and in addressing the initial mortgage request, identify additional financial needs of the customer through…
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
The Mortgage Servicing Representative position is an amazing opportunity for an extremely customer oriented individual. This role provides the opportunity to gain extensive working knowledge of CIBC mortgage products, services and programs. Generally, customer inquiries focus on specific situations that require routine analysis and the application of mortgage procedures, policies and principles. The successful individual in this role will be responsible for listening to these inquiries, stepping back and analyzing the situation, and providing the client with a solution to guarantee customer satisfaction. This critical department at CIBC provides our clients with a single point of access through which they are able to conduct the majority of their routine mortgage inquiries.
Ensuring client satisfaction and client retention are the most important goals of our Mortgage Servicing Representatives.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Provide customers with detailed and factual explanations of recommended actions, and ensure the client has a full understanding of the issues
– Analyze the task at hand and make informed decisions to find the most appropriate solution available from a variety of options, taking into consideration the situational factors and existing procedures and policies. In addition to using detailed working knowledge of mortgages, the Mortgage Servicing Representative may consult with internal business partners of related departments regarding their operations to trouble-shoot delays or problems
– Analyze the customer’s financial needs holistically and in addressing the initial mortgage request, identify additional financial needs of the customer through opportunities to cross sell additional CIBC banking products.
– Keep regularly updated about new mortgage products, procedures and organizational changes in order to respond to client queries promptly
– Ensure client inquiries and requests are solved according to CIBC guidelines
– Ensure that the solutions offered meet customers’ needs and comply with CIBC policies and regulatory requirements, follow scripts and provide accurate information in a timely manner
– Proactively identify “at risk” mortgage business and make every effort to retain clients with CIBC by referring customers to the CIBC Retention Team
– Strive to attain or exceed service levels
What We’re Looking For
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Developed knowledge of mortgage products and services including related processes and procedures
– Experience communicating with external customers in a professional manner
– Basic knowledge of external trends and developments pertaining to mortgages (i.e. Competitors’ actions and legislation changes)
– Developed listening and interactive skills to communicate detailed information and explanations to customers that require assistance
– Experience within a call center environment
– Working knowledge of software packages Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
What You Need To Know
- This is an exciting, high-paced environment that may involve working in areas with background noise and distractions
– Prolonged sitting while answering the telephone
– Required to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings – Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 8:30 pm
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-23