OverviewCIBC Mellon Auditor, Internal Audit Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Auditor, Internal Audit
The Auditor, Internal Audit conducts audits of CIBC Mellon lines of business under the direction of more senior audit staff in accordance with Internal Audit…
The Auditor, Internal Audit conducts audits of CIBC Mellon lines of business under the direction of more senior audit staff in accordance with Internal Audit Review policies, practices and standards to identify areas of risk to the company. Participates in the planning and execution of audits to ensure appropriate internal controls exist and regulatory requirements are met. The incumbent consults with business representatives to obtain an in-depth understanding of business processes, assesses potential risks, and makes recommendations for remedial action.
Responsibilities: - Participates in audit planning activities including consulting with the business to collect background information and documentation to support the assessment of risk, determine the scope of the audit and develop a comprehensive testing plan.
– Performs routine aspects of audits and field work under the direction of more senior audit staff, including the collection of documentation and testing of key controls and protocols; activities are conducted in accordance with Internal Audit Review policies to determine whether the controls are operating effectively and identify significant control weaknesses.
– Documents audit findings and test results, exercising judgment to analyze results in preparing working papers which record and summarize audit data and adequately support audit findings and conclusions.
– Works with Audit Manager to communicate audit results and recommendations to Business Unit Management and escalates audit concerns to Internal Audit Management to ensure high risk issues are resolved.
– Work with Senior Auditor to develop relevant and comprehensive recommendations that enhance internal controls or operational efficiency for situations where exceptions are identified through testing.
– Liaises with internal and external stakeholders including Internal Audit staff, auditors of parent companies and clients to maintain effective communication and support the ongoing mitigation of any audit risks and areas of exposure.
– Researches emerging audit and risk related issues, trends and methodologies to assess impact on CIBC Mellons changing business, and maintains knowledge of CIBC Mellon business operations and internal controls to conduct high quality audits and provide relevant and realistic recommendations
Qualifications: - University degree in with concentration in Finance, Accounting or Business
– CA, CPA, CIA or CRMA designation preferred
– 2 to 3 years progressive experience in audit
– Knowledge of securities industry and custody services or financial services
– Effective communication skills (oral and written)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24