OverviewCIBC Mellon Analyst Conversions, Centralized Support Contract in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Analyst Conversions, Centralized Support
Strong PC and technology related skills i.e. Excel macros / VBA. The Analyst Conversions, Centralized Support participates, supervises, and oversees, as…
The Analyst Conversions, Centralized Support participates, supervises, and oversees, as necessary, in the execution of external client conversions, client reorganizations or restructurings, and internal system conversions and other conversion related project work and ensure that it is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
– Oversee and assist with new business conversions, system conversions and other conversion related projects to ensure all conversion stages are completed accurately and timely, notifying all applicable parties throughout each stage to project completion.
– Assist in the adoption of conversion related best practices for the design and development of a strategic Conversions plan for the department in conjunction with the Manager and Director.
– Participate in the planning, preparation and execution of client transition events by obtaining files and transfer details from internal and external representatives and making arrangements for them to be loaded electronically to CIBC Mellon systems.
– Participate in the writing and reviewing of new and existing procedures. Ensure that new procedures/processes are implemented by the team. Ensure that the team is following established Conversion team guidelines, policies and procedures, documentation and checklists..
– With management, participate in training and cross training
– Assist and/or supervise associated FA team members including working on conversion, parallel and go-live client project work, as necessary.
– Monitor data integrity while completing detailed event reconciliation with documented accounting for any discrepancies and researching discrepancies while participating in the resolution of conversion issues.
– Maintain system and user documentation in order to ensure all conversion activities are performed within prescribed guidelines and time-frames.
– Supply, enhance, and improve conversion reports and tools to assist operational units during the parallel or go- live phase.
– Develop and build strong and positive client relationships by providing prompt replies to internal and external conversion enquiries, participating in client meetings, and acting as the CIBC Mellon Conversion lead, as necessary.
– Provide technical support & subject matter expertise for various GFS related projects, as required.
– University degree/College diploma with focus on accounting/finance
– 3-5 years of progressive industry experience
– Demonstrated understanding of fund accounting and valuation, custody and securities industry
– Demonstrated understanding of accounting principles
– Knowledge of CIBC Mellon InvestOne accounting platform, custody platform experience considered an asset
– Strong PC and technology related skills i.e. Excel macros / VBA
– Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
– Excellent time management and organizational skills
– Team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to work within tight deadlines under limited supervision
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18