OverviewCIBC Information Security Coordinator Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Information Security Coordinator
Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal. Understanding CIBC’s information security standards to provide security consulting advice to users…
Information Security Coordinator- Key Management
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC focuses on what matters to our employees – access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
As an Information Security Coordinator, you will join CIBC’
s Technology department to coordinate and assign work from a variety of sources to the right areas within Information Security. You will be required to operate security consoles, respond to alerts, perform initial event analysis and escalate to the appropriate group, if required. Main responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that management reporting and metrics are available to the Information Security staff to appropriately manage resources to capacity.
- Managing all management reporting databases, act as the database administrator, and create new functionality as required.
- Providing access to systems to users based on approved requests. Act as key custodian for organization’s digital keys.
- Work with external and internal security vendors
- Responding to information security enquiries by interpreting information security standards.
- Creating new capabilities to support the requirements, when the required information is not readily available, to generate.
- Understanding CIBC’s information security standards to provide security consulting advice to users of the security mailbox. However, more complex issues will be escalated to more senior staff.
- Consolidating and ensuring that all risk groups within the organization get the EIS input in a timely manner to avoid delays to the projects; however, there are always escalation points.
- Analyzing multiple events from several different Security Systems and determining whether further investigation or analysis is required based on severity of the event and frequency of occurrence.
- Following Key Custodianship procedures and Fire ID administration processes.
- Monitoring Internet Threat levels through third party partners and other sources to determine potential risk against CIBC.
- Managing internet email gateway within defined SLA’s and providing Anti Virus and Anti SPAM protection for all email sent and received by CIBC.
What We’re Looking For
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
- Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field
- Background or understanding of Cryptography is nice to have
- 1-2 years of working experience
- Strong skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
- Must have the ability to write macros in Excel
- Must have vendor management experience
- Strong understanding of Security
- Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and excellent problem solving skills required
- 24/7 environment
- Rotational pager support
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24