OverviewCIBC Customer Service Representative (Contact Centre) Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Customer Service Representative (Contact Centre)
Competitive salary and banking benefits. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide…
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
CIBC is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees who reflect the communities in which we live and work. Our diversity recruitment program- CIBC Career Access Program (CCAP) is designed to promote opportunities in the workforce for people with disabilities. Successful applicants receive dedicated resources and support to connect them to opportunities, help them build a career and ensure their success at CIBC
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
- Develop high quality, service-oriented relationships with clients to provide a variety of products and repayment options to potentially resolve outstanding debts and offer advice to prevent further delinquencies
- Employ highly effective problem solving and analytical skills to arrive at decisions that balance meeting client needs with addressing the root cause of delinquency and minimizing overall risk to CIBC
- Respond to and investigate client queries, providing accurate information related to billing, payment terms, contractual obligations, etc. and proactively resolve any discrepancies
- Ensure clients understand the terms and conditions of their contractual obligations, responds to client inquiries and, where appropriate, arranges to provide additional information either through branch, telephone or written correspondence to achieve mutually satisfactory arrange
What You’ll Be Doing
- Comply with all applicable CIBC and Line of Business policies, standards, guidelines and controls.
- Maintain CIBC’s professional image and Code Of Conduct.
- Maintain confidentiality and security standards.
- Drive the decision making process based on gathered facts, data, observation, and analysis Communicate and present information to various management levels within CIBC.
- Leverage networks and improve knowledge of collection, governance, audit and compliance practices to effectively adapt recovery strategies in response to findings, changes in market conditions and/or legislations.
- Research, gather data, analyze, lead and/or provide support, as required, on projects to identify operational impacts and recommend solutions to management.
- Participate in departmental or corporate projects as the designated representative and provide subject matter expertise.
- Represent the business unit as a subject matter expert in inter-departmental policy and procedures implementation and meetings. Work closely with Retail Account Services Management to exchange and gather information about the portfolios.
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent customer service, and client centric focused
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional and courteous phone manner in order to deal effectively with clients and sensitive situations.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, negotiation and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve difficult client exchanges through high quality, service oriented interactions
- Good working knowledge of software ie: Excel, Word, Microsoft Office etc.
- Good working knowledge of Bank Systems is an asset
- Good working knowledge of Financial Statements, Bank OFSI standards and Business Recovery Planning is an asset
- Good practical knowledge of Business Computer Systems
- Excellent knowledge of Collection Processes and Procedures is an asset
- Ability to work independently and multi-task in a busy, fast paced environment
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition , Learning & Development , and Employee Community Involvement
What You Need To Know
- This position will commence on March 14, 2017
- This is a permanent, full – time position (37.5 hours per week)
- Flexibility to accommodate rotational shifts between the hours of 7AM-8PM Monday – Friday, 8AM-5PM Saturdays and Sundays is required
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23