OverviewCIBC Credit Risk Analyst, Capital Markets Risk Management Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Credit Risk Analyst, Capital Markets Risk Management
Develop and/or enhance tools (e.g. The Risk Analyst will be expected to develop a strong knowledge of the underpinning technology solutions and business…
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website .
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business success , community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of this success and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com .
The Risk Measurement, Analysis and Limit Monitoring (RMALM) unit of Capital Markets Risk Management (CMRM) performs several critical activities related to the measuring, monitoring and controlling the Bank’s wholesale credit and market risk exposure. In addition to daily monitoring/control activities, there are ongoing system and process enhancement initiatives and projects.
CMRM Solutions is a project team that is part of Capital Markets Risk Management (CMRM), Risk Measurement, Analysis and Limit Monitoring (RMALM) unit and is responsible for designing, managing and supporting risk systems that are used by the various CMRM teams for risk measurement, analysis and reporting to internal and external stakeholders. CMRM Solutions provides business system support to both the Credit and Market Risk groups. The CMRM Solutions team interfaces with several external Bank groups including Wholesale Bank, Technology and Finance.
The Risk Analyst will work on projects and assignments under the guidance and direction of the Director and/or Senior Risk Analysts to provide workable solutions to issues related to the reporting, interpretation and calculation of trading credit risk. The Risk Analyst will be expected to develop a strong knowledge of the underpinning technology solutions and business processes, with an emphasis on investigating and resolving problems or issues that arise in a timely manner. The Risk Analyst will work with other areas within the broader Trading Credit Risk (TCR) group, including the Product & Transaction Analysis, Limit Monitoring, Credit Adjudication and Quality Assurance groups, as well as our technology partners, to ensure trading credit risks are properly captured in a robust measurement, monitoring and reporting framework.
The role requires hands-on involvement in investigating all manner of trading credit risk related problems or issues that could arise from anywhere within the Bank in a very time-sensitive and often high-pressure environment. The Risk Analyst will need to report and escalate any and all deficiencies relating to risk capture, measurement, reporting and control.
The job requires a good understanding of trading credit risk measurement methodologies, trading products and risk capture processes. The role requires strong communication skills and an ability to build relationship consensus across groups with potentially significantly varying requirements.
What You’ll be Doing
The primary role will be:
Related to resolving trading credit risk issues or problems:
- To work in a team focused on identifying and resolving major deficiencies with trading credit risk measurement, including issues or problems related to trading credit risk measurement, monitoring and reporting.
- To ensure that all key issues related to trading credit risk are investigated thoroughly and efficiently, oftentimes in a high-pressure and time-sensitive environment.
- Partnering with the relevant groups within CMRM, on various projects to ensure the continued development of comprehensive and robust business and technology solutions.
- Compiling requirements/specifications, developing and testing for new in-house systems and tools, including enhancements to existing legacy systems and tools.
- As necessary, provide advice to business teams and management on matters concerning the application, maintenance and development of credit risk information processing and the associated measurements, including credit exposure, credit valuation adjustments, and regulatory and economic capital.
What We’re Looking For
- Education – Post Secondary/Preferred designations: BMath, BASc, BSc, MMF, MBA, CFA, FRM or similar quantitative/finance education and designations
- 1-2 years of work experience in capital markets
- Strong hands-on knowledge of MS SQL and Visual Basic (VBA)
- Working knowledge of key finance/trading concepts
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- An ability to communicate technical, analytical or conceptual information and ideas to the business, senior management and other areas within Risk Management
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects of varying complexity
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship management skills
- Highly focused attention to detail and drive to deliver high-quality results
- Strong decision making skills
- Curiosity, the natural desire to want to understand how things work and why they are done in a certain way
- Practical and theoretical knowledge in credit risk and market risk measurements. Proficiency with methodologies for quantifying and analyzing credit and market risks, with good knowledge of relevant systems and related issues and challenges.
- Well-developed influencing and facilitation skills gained through dealing with a diverse cross section of business and technology stakeholders
- Project Management and Business Analysis experience
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong practical knowledge of MS Office suite of products (e.g.: Excel, Word, Access)
- Experience in planning and executing User Acceptance Tests (UAT)
- Familiarity with data mapping techniques
- Familiarity with the FIS Adaptiv (Credit/Market Risk) module
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase options, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition , Learning & Development , and Employee Community Involvement
What You Should Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06