OverviewCIBC Business Systems Consultant (9 month contract) Temporary in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Business Systems Consultant (9 month contract)
As a Business Systems Consultant, you will join CIBC’s Identity and Access Business Solutions team to ensure collection of information, accurate requirement…
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Wholesale Banking – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website.
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes, community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com.
Identity and Access Management team (IAM) is part of Enterprise Architecture and Information Security, Technology & Operations of CIBC. It is responsible for reducing access management risk across CIBC (Business and Technology) by developing and driving initiatives to implement sustainable improvements in identity and access management capabilities.
As a Business Systems Consultant, you will join CIBC’s Identity and Access Business Solutions team to ensure collection of information, accurate requirement gathering, data analysis, process definition and presentation of findings in support of IAM. The Business Systems Consultant will further ensure that implementation meets expected business requirements by planning and participating in testing activities as required by project.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Conduct analysis of client processes and functional requirements to prepare requirement documentation and communicate the information
- Facilitate sessions with stakeholders to document business processes
- Provide SME advice and direction to internal and external customers to ensure that the business requirements are appropriately defined
- Conduct Use Case Analysis when required
- Provide guidance and advice to clients in use of business applications, including advanced functions and productivity enhancement
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional tasks or work packages to identify and document functional or non-functional requirements, work flow, information sources and system specifications
- Partner with project manager, technical resources, vendors, and management to ensure accurate implementation of requirements and support execution of project(s)
- Establish requirements traceability matrix
- Review appropriateness of testing approach and details of test scenarios/use cases and test cases to ensure all functionality corresponding to requirements is covered and will get tested successfully
- Act as focal point for project team and lines of business to establish testing goals and objectives
- Provide input in planning and estimation of testing cycles
- Coordinating ongoing communication and facilitating decision making with clients and senior management to resolve testing challenges that are not always straightforward
- Provide status reporting to management as appropriate
What We’re Looking For
- Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
- 5 – 10 years of experience analyzing business and user needs, documenting business requirements and translating them into the system requirements
- 3 years of experience creating and conducting Use Case Analysis
- 5 years of experience creating business process documentation using Visio
- Experience providing consultation to development teams on requirements, and implementation.
- Must have strong written and verbal communications
- Experience with Identity and Access Management applications, Access Certification or Request Management is an asset
- Experience in designing and executing test cases of functionality that meets business requirements considered an asset
- Ability to present relevant and precise information to groups with the appropriate degree of formality
- Ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase plan, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition, Learning & Development, and Employee Community Involvement
What You Need To Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31