OverviewCIBC Associate Commercial Mortgages Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Associate Commercial Mortgages
Ongoing familiarity with real estate lending practices. Knowledge of real estate term lending fundamentals and due diligence….
CIBC Commercial Banking is committed to Partnering with Canada’s BestTM organizations. Our comprehensive approach provides industry expertise, innovative ideas and strategic solutions designed to create, protect and realize stakeholder value. Partnering with clients with annual sales of between $5.0 million to $500 million, Commercial Banking provides integrated financial solutions to address virtually every business requirement at every stage of a company’s development and operation, including credit, asset-based financing, subordinated debt, trade finance, cash management, franchising, foreign exchange, investments, M&A and private placements of equity and debt. Our Relationship Managers are located in regionally based centres across Canada, ensuring first hand knowledge of local market conditions
You must have prior legal authorization to work in the location for which you are applying.
• This role operates within a normal office environment with little exposure to adverse working conditions.
• This role requires the incumbent to work extended hours and display the personal flexibility required to balance conflicting interests, as well as occasional travel within Canada.
The Associate, Commercial Mortgages, is responsible for providing support to the loan originators for the assessment and structuring of new commercial mortgage transactions. The Associate, Commercial Mortgages is responsible for gathering, reviewing and critically assessing borrower and property information provided by clients and loan originators. This necessitates developing an awareness of the client and company, industry, regulatory issues, relevant economic/political trends and client needs. In, conjunction with the loan originators, complete new business applications for submission and authorization by Risk Management.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
• Conduct risk, credit and financial analysis for new commercial mortgage financing opportunities
• Gather, review and critically assess property specific third party due diligence reports including real estate appraisals, environmental site assessments, property condition reports
• Gather, review and assess borrower and property financial statements
• Conduct periodic property site inspections
• Prepare complex new business applications and proposals for presentation to risk management
• Support loan originators and other underwriting personnel in preparing loan submissions for presentation to a senior management level deals committee
• Interact closely with loan originators, senior underwriters and loan funders
• Remain current on a wide range of property markets and property types including supply/demand fundamentals, vacancy and absorption rates, rental rates
• Ongoing familiarity with real estate lending practices
Must be bilingual
• Proven ability to work in a results oriented team, centered around clients
• Proven ability to navigate the organization
• Competent in executing the credit process with Risk Management
• Knowledge of real estate term lending fundamentals and due diligence
• Knowledge of real estate appraisal fundamentals and ability to critically assess appraisal reports including underlying assumptions, market data supporting same and final value estimate
• Ability to critically assess environmental site assessments, property condition assessments and other real estate specific due diligence reports
• Knowledge of Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation lending guidelines and new loan application processes
• Ability to review and summarize complex property leasing agreements, environmental site assessments, property condition assessments and similar third party property due diligence reports
• Ability to work independently and synergistically in a partnership environment
• Strong computer skills including thorough knowledge of excel, word and outlook
• Strong written and verbal communication skills Marchés de détail (Groupe Entreprises)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-10-23