OverviewCIBC Admistrative Assistant (Contract) Full Time in Laval, QC
Branch Laval QC CA
Admistrative Assistant (Contract)
Competitive salary and banking benefits. Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business. Engage in all marketing and business development activities and assist…
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution. Through our three major businesses – Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets – we provide a full range of financial products and services to 11 million individual, small business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around the world. We invest in our businesses, our clients, our people and our communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our shareholders. To learn more about CIBC’s Lines of Business, please visit our website .
CIBC delivers access to career and development opportunities, safe and healthy workplaces, effective training, and positive work-life balance – so that employees are able to perform at their best, contribute to their communities and focus on cultivating deeper relationships with our clients.
Every year, CIBC is recognized for its business successes , community commitment and employee initiatives. We are proud of these successes and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and an environment where all employees can excel.
CIBC Wealth Management is focused on providing excellence in relationship-based advice, service and product solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a comprehensive offer that addresses the full spectrum of wealth building clients, from self-directed investors to high-net-worth private wealth individuals to institutional clients. CIBC Wealth Management consists of 4 major business lines in Canada and Atlantic Trust Private Wealth Management in the United States:
CIBC Wood Gundy is the full-service brokerage division of CIBC and has a broad network serving clients through 80 branches nationally.
CIBC Asset Management is comprised of our institutional money management, retail mutual fund and managed solutions businesses. CIBC Asset Management is one of Canada’s leading asset managers.
CIBC Private Wealth Management focuses exclusively on providing financial stewardship to Canada’s wealthiest individuals & families as well as private holding companies, trusts, estates, charitable foundations and First Nations.
CIBC Investor’s Edge is our self-directed brokerage platform. The business offers clients a full array of investment products and securities, research and tools, available through electronic channels (including online and automated telephone services) and through our customer contact centre.
Atlantic Trust Private Wealth Management provides integrated wealth management, investment advisory, investment management, investment counseling, trust, fiduciary, related asset management services, individual retirement account and other custodial services for high net worth individuals, their families, foundations and/or endowments.
The centralized, shared service groups are:
Chief Administration Office includes Wealth Management strategy and M&A, strategic initiatives and governance and program management office as well as compensation strategy.
Wealth Advisory Services delivers specialized high-net-worth advisory services (including financial planning strategy and support, wealth advisory, tax and estate planning, business transition planning), fee-based and managed account advisory program development and support, and client experience strategy across all Wealth Management business lines.
CIBC is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees who reflect the communities in which we live and work.
To learn more about CIBC and the CIBC Group of Companies please visit CIBC.com
Administrative Assistant is accountable for providing administrative support to Investment Advisor(s) by providing service directly to clients and/or for the IA team(s). Unlicensed Administrative Assistants are expected to work toward IIROC licensing.
In this role, you will get the opportunity to pursue your CSC and CPH as you work toward being a registered Client or Administrative Associate and gain experience to advance your career into other roles within the brokerage environment and CIBC. This position is a great opportunity to learn the investment business in professional, dynamic work environment in one of Canada’s leading Brokerages.
What You’ll be Doing
- Support the IA(s) by and their teams by:
- Maintaining positive client relationships
- Providing timely and accurate responses to client requests
- Maintaining compliance standards in client dealings/client files
- Conduct administrative activities and engage in administrative processes associated with supporting the IA(s) and teams
- Engage in all marketing and business development activities and assist in the development of investment plans and written proposals for prospects and clients
- As determined by the IA, assist in processes to direct assets into suitable financial products based on the client’s risk/reward tolerances and demographic profile
- Understand CIBC’s vision, values and mission and how they contribute to CIBC being the leader in client relationships
What We’re Looking For
- In process of completing the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) & Conduct & Practice Handbook (CPH) is considered an asset.
- Financial Services and/or Brokerage industry experience preferred
- Must have a basic understanding of investment portfolios and current knowledge of daily market activities
- Should have working knowledge of various quotation equipment and computer software including word processing, spreadsheet and industry specific software
What CIBC Can Offer You
- Flexible health benefits, stock purchase options, competitive incentive pay and recognition programs
- Competitive salary and banking benefits
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities
- Opportunity to be involved in CIBC events that help our communities
- Click to learn more about Rewards & Recognition , Learning & Development , and Employee Community Involvement
What You Should Know
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role
- This role operates within a fast paced and deadline driven office environment. Must be able to focus and calmly prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a fast paced, high-pressured work environment
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Laval, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10