OverviewChoices for Youth Program Coordinator Full Time in St. John’s, NL
Choices for Youth
Branch St. John’s NL CA
St. John’s, NL
Participates actively in leadership team meetings, staff meetings and other meetings as required. Monday to Friday 8:30-4:30pm with some evenings and weekends…
Shelter for Young Men (Full-Time)
Choices for Youth is seeking a high energy individual with a passion for working with youth and exceptional leadership skills to be the Coordinator of our Young Men’s Shelter. The nine-bed Shelter operates 24/7 and provides emergency accommodations to youth ages 16 to 24.
The Program Coordinator supervises the daily operations of the Young Men’s Shelter and works closely with all Choices programs to coordinate service provision to youth staying at the Shelter.
The Program Coordinator of the Young Men’s Shelter reports to the Director of Programs at Carter’s Hill.
The Program Coordinator leads the overall management of the Shelter in terms of strategic planning, program development, human resources management and building management. In addition, he/she ensures that homeless youth requesting emergency housing are assessed and taken into the Shelter as quickly as possible.
- Monitors service delivery to ensure that the CFY model and philosophy is closely followed
- Facilitates the internal governance structure
- Develops effective systems for supporting residents
- Ensures adequate and well-organized client resources that are accessible to all staff
- Ensures the coordination of programs with other CFY teams involved in service delivery
- Monitors all client record keeping ensuring compliance with relevant governing bodies
- Develops programming based on need and relevance for residents and evaluates effectiveness of programs
- Works with the staff team to ensure that all requests for shelter are appropriately assessed and that the occupancy level in the shelter is maintained
- Responsible for all staff supervision including relief staff
- Conducts hiring, performance evaluations and staff development
- Approves staff time sheets, hours of work, overtime time accumulation, and approval of time off
- Oversees the development of shift schedules, co-ordinate relief staff, document staff hours and relief staff hours
- Ensures that all staff are adequately trained for their positions
- Ensures adherence to the Choices for Youth Policies and Procedures and specific Shelter policies
- Oversees the annual budget for the Shelter in collaboration with the Director of Finance and the
Director of Programs
- Oversees the management of information systems related to emergency housing issues and file management
- Outreach to other youth serving agencies, housing providers, community partners, and other programs relevant to the work with youth
- Works with the CFY leadership team in the development of alternative housing options and community partner supports for youth
Contribution to Shelter Team and CFY Activities:
- Participates actively in leadership team meetings, staff meetings and other meetings as required
- Maintains the reputation and confidentiality of CFY, the Shelter and its residents at all times
- On call responsibilities
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Programs and/or the Executive Director
The ideal candidate for this position will have a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or equivalent with 3-5 years of supervision and program development experience in the areas of youth and/or homelessness. In particular, knowledge of youth homelessness and the barriers youth face in relation to housing, education and employment and the need for comprehensive responses to this reality is critical.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday 8:30-4:30pm with some evenings and weekends as required to accommodate program operations and organizational events.
The salary for this position will start at $62,520 annually. Choices offers a competitive compensation package, including: a health and dental program, employer-matched RRSP and four weeks vacation to qualifying employees.
Application Deadline is Wednesday, January 28th at 4 pm
Please address applications to:
Choices for Youth
12-16 Carter’s Hill Place
St. John’s NL A1C 6N5
Fax: (709) 754-6102
Email: [email protected]
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: St. John's, NL, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-23