OverviewChoice Properties REIT Leasing Representative Full Time in Dartmouth, NS
Choice Properties REIT
Branch Dartmouth NS CA
Monitor critical dates such as expiry dates, options to renew, options to termination etc. Communicates and coordinates with Legal department to have documents…
Choice Properties Real Estate Investment Trust is an owner, manager and developer of well-located retail and commercial real estate across Canada. Choice Properties’ portfolio spans approximately 41.3 million square feet of gross leasable area and consists of 513 properties primarily focused on supermarket-anchored shopping centres and stand-alone supermarkets.
Choice Properties’ strategy is to create value by enhancing and optimizing its portfolio through accretive acquisitions, strategic development and active property management. Choice Properties’ principal tenant, and largest Unitholder is Loblaw Companies Limited, Canada’s largest retailer. Choice Properties’ strong alliance with Loblaw positions it well for future growth.
It’s an exciting time to be at Choice Properties REIT, and our unparalleled investment means a real opportunity for colleagues to make a mark and contribute to a high-performance culture.
- Provide overall Leasing support to the Atlantic Portfolio group to ensure best in class standards.
- Direct interaction to senior management to achieve financial and business performance goals for retail assets
- Comfortable with frequent travel
- Day to day administration of leases
- Assess and develop relationships with National, Regional and local tenants and brokers to handle leasing as required.
- Negotiate lease proposals, amendments and renewals that meet or exceed budgets
- Communicates and coordinates with Legal department to have documents prepared incorporating the terms agreed upon and appropriate to the specific property.
- Aggressively and proactively looks for new tenants to fill vacant spaces by cold calling, eblasts, mailings and in person canvassing.
- Monitor critical dates such as expiry dates, options to renew, options to termination etc.
- Reviews and negotiates the Letter of Intent (LOI) and leases
- Report on performance, budget changes, market changes and property conditions
- Creates annual budgets for assigned properties and continuously monitors performance against budget
- Prepare monthly budget variance report and annual leasing budgets for review by Senior Management
- Work with operations group/contractors to prepare construction budgets for deal cost and timing
- Estoppel certificate review and verification as required
- Work with Senior Management to achieve desired corporate goals and budgets
- Conduct property inspections and assess building signage, upgrades to enhance and add value to the site
- Review sites on a continual basis for redevelopment and expansion to add value for NOI
- Identify new sites for purchase that compliment and grow the assets of the company
- Review industry publications as well as local market publications for information on the retail/shopping center industry as well as local market intelligence
- Maintain professional knowledge by attending workshops, industry conferences, reviewing professional publications and established (building) personal network
- Attends leasing conventions and other industry events
- Look for creative leasing strategies
- To qualify for this role, you will have a minimum of 1-2 year’s experience in Leasing, ideally within retail/commercial real estate industry.
- Understanding of lease agreements, renewals as well able to negotiate terms is a strong asset.
- Must be able to travel within Canada.
- Understanding of Real Estate Accounting and ability to interpret financial data.
- Experience with SAP software an asset.
- Proven ability to achieve goals using a strategic approach; proven innovation with a willingness to manage and adapt to change.
- Professional demeanor, comfortable working in a high pressured environment.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to partner with clients to meet client needs.
- Excellent time management/organizational skills to simultaneously handle and prioritize multiple projects
- Proven planning/organizational skills; able to cope with changing client needs & deliver successful results within agreed time-frames.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); able to communicate effectively across all organizational levels.
- Detail oriented; ability to work under pressure and deliver timely and accurate results.
- Self motivated, self starter, professional and flexible; able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning.
- Proficient computer skills including, MS Office Suite, Outlook, Excel.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Dartmouth, NS, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18