OverviewChief Election Officer COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR (1) Temporary in Toronto, ON
Chief Election Officer
Branch Toronto ON CA
COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR (1)
Develop and execute communication plans, including plans for issues management, social media and public and media relations;…
What can I expect to do in this role? The Office of the Chief Electoral Officer, Communications Division, is seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to assist in coordinating communications strategies, programs and projects for the Public & Media Relations Unit in the Communications Division of Elections Ontario. Under the direction of the Manager, Public & Media Relations, you will:
• Develop and execute communication plans, including plans for issues management, social media and public and media relations;
• Provide communications advice on strategic issues, event planning and media management;
• Produce internal communications material, including presentations, contentious issue and briefing notes, Q’s & A’s, key messages and tour/event notes;
• Research, write, edit and proofread press kits, speeches, stakeholder presentations and other external communications products;
• Lead the issues management and media event portfolios for the unit;
• Coordinate and lead interdivisional project teams;
• Conduct research, analysis and recommendations of communication issues, tactics and tools;
• Participate in the procurement of communication services and products according to established process;
• Assist in the development of communication delivery models and solutions;
• Participate on committees, task forces and working groups when required; and
• Act for the manager in his or her absence.
How do I qualify? The following qualifications are required: • Demonstrated knowledge and experience in communications, issues management, event planning and/or other related discipline;
• Proficiency with graphic design tools (such as Adobe Creative Cloud) is an asset;
• Demonstrated experience and skill in digital tools management;
• Demonstrated experience and skill in vendor management;
• Sound knowledge of communications methods, practices and techniques;
• Superior writing, editing and research skills;
• Excellent oral, presentation and negotiation skills;
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Strong organizational skills; and
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter as one attachment to: https://hrassociates.wufoo.com/forms/z1fvo4qk0grmlrc/ quoting File # EO-2017-17.
Additional Information: Address:
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 23 months, 51 Rolark Dr, Scarborough, Toronto Region
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Communications; Marketing and Creative Services
Friday, February 10, 2017
- This posting is for an organization that is not a part of the Ontario Public Service. The information and tips on the Ontario Public Service Careers website may not apply to this posting. Please use the contact information below to contact the organization directly if you have questions.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10