OverviewCHEO Manager, Security and Parking Full Time in Ontario
Branch ON CA
Manager, Security and Parking
Police Record Check (PRC) (Essential). Possession of a valid Ontario Security Guard licence (Preferred). Prepare and manage the department’s operating budget…
The Manager, Security and Parking leads the Hospital Security & Parking operations. The member is responsible for developing and monitoring operating budgets, and for managing the human resources of the department including hiring, termination and managing the performance of staff as necessary.
· Security Operations: Supervise all investigations and reports generated by the Security Officers. Analyze Perspective report data and provide proactive solutions to developing trends. Liaise with law-enforcement agencies Including the Hospital Liaison Officer s on a variety of issues (e.g. VIP Security, criminal investigations, and counter-terrorist unit). Conduct internal investigations of a sensitive and highly confidential nature. Liaise with municipal by-law enforcement. Review, update and develop security policies. Prepare operational plans. Assume special details as assigned or required. Conduct threat assessments for staff/hospital/patients.
· The position requires management of four software programs including service contracts and liaison with the aligned Information Services support for upgrades and maintenance.
· Manage and maintain the Hospital CHUBB AFX access control ,Genetec CCTV camera, IParc parking and Perspective reporting systems.
· Participate on committees related to security (e.g. Emergency Preparedness, Pandemic Planning)
· Fulfill the role of the Security Officer as required within the Hospital Incident Management System
· Liaise with department heads on security issues.
· Attend and supervise all calls for Security of a significant nature.
· Coordinate training of the Security Guards and ensure mandatory training requirements are maintained (e.g., WIMIS, Hospital codes, etc; physical restraint; non-violent crisis intervention; security procedures, note-taking, and investigative techniques; and training of individual roles and responsibilities such as staff officer, investigative, and computer programs).
· Security Administration: Supervise and evaluate the Security Officers. Maintain StaffRight attendance and scheduling. Prepare and manage the department’s operating budget and prepare financial forecasts. Administer hospital policies regarding parking and security. Maintain and develop Security Standard Operating Procedures and training plans. Determine shift assignments.
· Parking Operations: Select, supervise, and evaluate the Parking attendant(s). Monitor parking service contracts/repairs and the Iparc/McGann parking control computer program and the parking equipment systems. Prepare and manage the financial statements for revenue and costs
· Inspect and monitor the parking facilities.
· Investigate, report and act upon staff or public complaints related to Security or Parking issues
· Conduct security orientation briefings on a monthly basis to nursing staff, support staff, volunteers, co-op students, and nursing students.
· Conduct security briefings to Hospital staff on a demand basis.
· Ensure that employees are provided with and use the appropriate training and/or procedures, equipment, material to perform assigned duties. Ensure that all employees perform work in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and all CHEO Corporate/Departmental policies and procedures. Ensure that appropriate action is recommended for those employees who do not work in compliance with the Act.
· Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Police Record Check (PRC) (Essential)
· College Diploma or University Degree in Law and Security Management (Essential)
· Minimum of five (5) years of management experience (Essential)
· Minimum of ten (10) years security working experience, or a minimum of 15 years Canadian
policing experience, or equivalent (Preferred)
· Comprehensively use computer technology and equipment (Essential)
· Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing (Essential)
· Ability to deal effectively with people who may be angry, upset, or physically aggressive (Essential)
· Possession of a valid Ontario Security Guard licence (Preferred)
· Working knowledge of applicable Occupational Health and Safety legislation; general
knowledge of corporate/departmental policies and procedures related to health and safety. (Essential)
· Bilingualism (English and French) (Preferred)
Should the applicant require any accommodations during the application process please notify Human Resources as per the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Ontario, CA, US
Posted on: 2015-09-23