OverviewChartwell Retirement Residences Lifestyle and Programs Manager Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Chartwell Retirement Residences
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Lifestyle and Programs Manager
Developing, conducting and evaluating diversified programs and services to meet the six dimensions of wellness;…
The Lifestyle and Programs Manager is responsible for the overall management of Life Enrichment Services programs by developing and conducting dynamic and meaningful recreational opportunities and experiences to meet the needs of all of the residents within the retirement home.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Developing, conducting and evaluating diversified programs and services to meet the six dimensions of wellness;
- Developing and preparing communication tools such as newsletters, posters, notices and calendars designed to share information related to current and future activities and special events;
- Working with the management team and staff to create a comfortable and inclusive environment in the home;
- Collaborating in marketing/sales and community relations events to promote the home;
- Managing a sustainable volunteer program or Recruiting, supervising and recognizing volunteers.
- As an integral member of the site leadership team, participates in decision-making particularly in matters related to staff and resident health and safety.
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Graduate of a post-secondary education program relating to recreation, gerontology, social work, or proven related experience;
- 1 – 3 years of related experience facilitating programs ideally in a retirement living community, long term care or senior community center;
Proven previous management experience with people and financial budgets;
Intermediate Computer skills, experience using Microsoft Office suites applications
- Understanding of the aging process and how it relates to programming;
- Effective communication and the ability to interact with residents, families, community professionals and various health care agencies;
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the delivery of diverse social services and volunteer programs;
- Current First Aid Certificate (asset);
- A valid (province specific) driver’s license and appropriate insurance;
- Candidates must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24