OverviewChartwell Retirement Residences Fixed Asset Analyst Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Chartwell Retirement Residences
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Fixed Asset Analyst
A post-secondary degree in accounting, finance, or business administration. The Fixed Assets Analyst will be an integral part of the Corporate Accounting team…
The Fixed Assets Analyst will be an integral part of the Corporate Accounting team whose primary responsibilities will be to maintain the Yardi Fixed Assets (“YFA”) system and to providing fixed assets reporting for the Company.
Practicing our corporate values of R.E.S.P.E.C.T., the successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Reconcile YFA Report to the general ledger, investigate and resolve any differences.
· Calculate and post depreciation to general ledger, review and reconcile to general ledger on a monthly basis, to ensure depreciation is reasonable.
· Verify coding and accounting classification of fixed assets purchase orders.
· Assist Fixed Asset Accountant with creation of assets into the YFA system as needed.
· Monthly posting of de-recognition journal entries.
· Tracking and posting of required journal entries in the YFA and the general ledger.
· Prepare detailed reports including comparison to budget.
· Responsible for the tracking and maintenance of capital leases for the Chartwell portfolio, including creation of amortization schedules.
· Continuously strive to develop recommendations and provide oversight for process and YFA.
· Preparation of Working Papers for External Auditors and Internal Audit (Bill 198) requests.
· Ensure that proper controls are in place and adhered to.
· Participation in special projects as requested including UAT testing.
· Preparing adjusting entries for Job Cost reports and HST working papers for development properties The ideal candidate possesses: · 2-4 years of experience in general/corporate accounting · 1-3 years of experience in accounting for capital assets · A post-secondary degree in accounting, finance, or business administration · Possess or working toward professional accounting designation (CPA ) or equivalent work experience preferred .
· Strong analytical skills and possesses a natural interest towards analytical activities and investigation, as well as strong attention to detail and accuracy.
· Highly motivated and a willingness to learn.
· Excel proficiency is mandatory.
· Knowledge of IFRS would be an asset.
· Ability to manage and validate large amounts of data.
· Excellent interpersonal communications and the ability to present ideas in a user friendly format.
· Easily adapts to changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment.
· The ability to organize and prioritize work to meet defined deadlines in a large fast-paced work environment.
· A focus on continuous improvement and quality.
· Demonstrates Chartwell’s values of RESPECT.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31