OverviewChallenge for Change Project Coordinator Full Time in Toronto, ON
Challenge for Change
Branch Toronto ON CA
POSITION: Project Coordinator LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario REPORTS TO: Executive Director POSITION DETAILS: Contract DURATION: One year START DATE: January
POSITION: Project Coordinator
LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
POSITION DETAILS: Contract
DURATION: One year
START DATE: January 9, 2017
Challenge for Change (C4C) is a not-for-profit organization that aims to use listening and the democratic power of media to strengthen relationships between Canadians and communities. C4C is a mash-up of a listening project and a community-engaged media project. We are creating opportunities for a broad range of Canadians across the country to talk—to listen—to one another. With permission, some of the conversations will be edited and crafted into audio and video stories that will be used to spark discussion and dialogue in communities.
THE ROLE – PROJECT COORDINATOR
C4C is looking for an enthusiastic, organized self-starter to join our small team. C4C is essentially a startup so in this coordinator role, you will be wearing many hats. You will be managing projects and communications as well as be responsible for assisting the Executive Director in a variety of operational and administrative tasks.
It will be a challenging, rewarding role with lots of room for growth for the right person.
EXPECTED ATTITUDES & SHARED VALUES
Flexibility. The Project Coordinator embraces and enjoys the nature of her/his work, which may require travelling and working after-hours and on weekends.
Strategic thinking. The Coordinator works closely with the Executive Director to ensure that activities are aligned with the goals of C4C.
Creativity. The Coordinator understands the power of storytelling and brings creativity to all aspects of his/her work.
Curiosity. The coordinator demonstrates a keen desire to learn and embraces constant change.
Diplomacy. Good judgment on- and off-line when interacting with people.
- Set up processes and systems for effective workflow and reporting.
- Create PowerPoint/Keynote presentations and other materials for fundraising and reporting purposes.
- Create and curate content for our website and social media channels.
- Track and report online and offline reach and engagement
- Compile and distribute Board meeting packages, including agenda, material for review and/or approval, minute taking and follow-up.
- Together with the ED, develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, allies and influencers online and offline.
- Coordinate and support media gathering teams in the field.
- Assist and support ED in day-to-day activities such as budget/expense receipt management and calendar/meeting scheduling.
- Highly reliable, energetic, detail-oriented and tech-savvy.
- Excellent organizational, coordinating, and planning skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; copy-editing an asset.
- Strong researcher.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Comfort on social media platforms with the know-how to build and manage communities online.
- High level of experience in computer software applications: MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint/Keynote – comfortable in both PC and Mac environments an asset.
- Experience in project management or event planning.
- Post-secondary education in journalism, film/production, sociology an asset.
- Experience in media production a definite asset.
HOW TO APPLY
C4C welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Please send your resume and cover letter including salary expectations to [email protected] .
Deadline for applications is December 15, 2016 or until filled.
We thank applicants for their interest; however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-04