OverviewCeridian Senior Software Developer Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Senior Software Developer
We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation,…
Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Ceridian is a cloud company powered by people. Join us as we transform the world of work for millions of employees around the world. Our products help employees be paid on time, apply for promotions, grow their careers, and support their work/life fit. Our solutions and our people work together to help organizations control costs, save time, optimize their workforce, minimize risk and grow their businesses.
As a software company specializing in human capital management (HCM), Ceridian has not only invested heavily in cloud software development but in its people as well. We have a variety of career growth (Top Talent, Career Pathing, Tuition Reimbursement, & Job Rotation) and Diversity/Inclusion (YOUnity and Ceridian’s Women Network) programs to support your career journey at Ceridian.
We are looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility.
Find out why Ceridian employees declare Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2017, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2017, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2017!
As a Senior Software Developer, you will:
- Join an energetic global team of Product Owners, Business Analysts, Developers and QA where daily collaboration across these groups is a key part of our success
- Use Java, DB2 and various modern web technologies to develop Canada’s largest small-business payroll system
- Get away from your desk to work collaboratively with the development team and our various stakeholders in Service, Sales and Product Management
- Actively contribute during daily Scrum meetings
- Use your considerable UX experience to help us reinvent the Powerpay user experience for over 45,000 small businesses across Canada
- Maintain a high level of unit-test coverage to catch and prevent feature regressions
- Promote and encourage the use of proper design patterns and best practices, through regular code reviews.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with Java in a web environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern web technologies including: HTML 5, CSS 3, SVG, JSON, etc.
- Robust Database design and SQL query expertise
- Significant web-based UX experience, including in-depth knowledge of industry standards and emerging best-practices
- Promoter of Continuous Integration & Deployment
- Someone who puts their team first and knows how to contribute to a strong team
- A personal commitment to high quality coding standards
- A track record of leading innovation
- Disciplined self-starter
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Personal commitment to self-development
- Passion for solving hard problems
- Someone who knows how to have fun!
- Experience with C++, C#
- Experience developing in an Agile environment
- Android or IOS Development experience
What we offer:
- Modern development hardware that includes dual widescreen monitors & fast, thin laptops for working on the go
- A truly flexible working environment with flexible hours and opportunities to work from home or even nearby coffee shops
- Real “5% time” to innovate and tackle new projects
- [email protected] events like socials, poker tournaments and scavenger hunts as well as a games room with a Pool table, video games and popcorn
- We promote training opportunities and continuous learning
Technologies we use:
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
Connect with us on Twitter @CeridianCareers or Facebook CeridianCareers
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2018-02-05