OverviewCentric Health Pharmacy Assistant: Long-Term Care Full Time in Burlington, ON
Branch Burlington ON CA
Pharmacy Assistant: Long-Term Care
We provide healthcare services nationally and operate over 150 clinics, 7 surgical centers, service over 20,000 patients in care facilities, and fill over 700…
Help make Canadian healthcare history!
A little over five years ago we started Centric Health with the belief that we could positively change the way healthcare is delivered to Canadians, and today we are Canada’s largest integrated healthcare provider and growing.
At Centric Health we offer innovative health and wellness solutions. Our unique brand of care includes Physiotherapy, Rehabilitation, Assessments, Specialty Pharmacy, Surgical & Medical Centres. Centric Health has 2,800 dedicated healthcare professionals, consultants and support staff in 600 locations across the country.
We provide healthcare services nationally and operate over 150 clinics, 7 surgical centers, service over 20,000 patients in care facilities, and fill over 700,000 prescriptions per month and own 1 of only 3 fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. We have successfully grown through acquisition but there’s more work to do.
We are aligned, have a clear vision of where we are going and have amazing opportunities for people who are pioneers, want to make a difference and deliver great experiences!
At Centric Health, we understand the importance of nurturing top talent to ensure our continued growth and success. Experience the excitement and opportunity of a fast-paced, rapidly expanding organization while enjoying the stability, strength and resources of a national publicly traded company.
“It’s our people that make the difference!” David Cutler – Centric Health CEO
At Centric Health we have a down to earth, open door, low ego culture. One where our employees’ ideas are valued and where you are empowered to make a difference. There is transparency, trust and a sense of team and camaraderie; it is a results driven, dynamic, self-managed, fast-paced environment.
Ours is a culture of innovation and entrepreneurialism with a highly engaged team of top industry experts and professionals; we are fanatical about healthcare and patient outcomes.
We aspire to be a company known worldwide for our culture! We know this won’t happen overnight, it is an organic evolution; a focus and a priority for us each and every day.
As a Permanent, Full Time Pharmacy Assistant at the Classic Care LTC Pharmacy in Burlington you will report to the Pharmacy Management team. This is not a retail pharmacy – you will work alongside your team members and fellow Pharmacy Technician and Pharmacist colleagues, directly supporting a group of LTC homes within Ontario. The work environment is an office/warehouse setting, it is busy and fast-paced, with excellent guidance and support from superiors and colleagues.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Ensuring accurate documentation of completed work as per policies and procedures.
- Preparing prescriptions to be filled via dispensary software
- Processing, adjudicating, and filling prescriptions
- Preparing compounds, creams, liquids, etc.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Maintaining strict confidentiality and ethical standards
- Familiarity with/direct work experience in a LTC pharmacy setting is a strong asset
- Experience with KROLL software a strong asset
- Experience working as a Pharmacy Assistant
- Certification from an accredited Pharmacy Assistant program
- Experience with pharmacy calculations
- Visual acuity, numeracy and manual dexterity appropriate for handling prescription bottles and labels
- Strong computer skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, able to maintain a professional demeanor when speaking
with colleagues and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent organizational and inventory management skills, detail oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service experience and strong motivation to succeed
- Positive, cooperative and team oriented attitude
Apply now! To learn more about Classic Care, visit www.classiccare.ca
Visit us at www.centrichealth.ca ,on [email protected], and on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/centric-health-management
We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Burlington, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-28