OverviewCentric Health Pharmacist (Contract) Temporary in Nanaimo, BC
Branch Nanaimo BC CA
Dispensing prescribed pharmaceuticals. Compounding prescribed pharmaceutical products. Ensuring proper storage of pharmaceutical products….
CareRx was created with one goal in mind – to provide the best possible pharmacy experience for care facilities, retirement homes and home nursing. We have developed our business model from the perspective of the customers and partners that we hope to service. Locally owned and operated, CareRx is invested in the community and committed to improving the lives and care needs for residents and their families. Our management team has over 40 years’ experience servicing the community through our ownership and management of other retail pharmacy outlets in British Columbia. CareRX is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada with an unwavering commitment to deliver a superior quality of care.
CareRx is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada with an unwavering commitment to deliver a superior quality of care.
As a Pharmacist, you will help deliver a patient focused environment that excels in customer/patient care by dispensing prescriptions, consulting with patients and supporting Long Term Care facilities, Retirement Homes and Home Nursing.
This is a temporary, contract position 3-4 days per week.
Your Day To Day
- Checking medication strip packaging & blister packaging
- Active hands on role in the pharmacy which will include: advising on the administration, uses and effects of medication, drug incompatibilities and contra-indications
- Checking prescriptions for proper dosage
- Compounding prescribed pharmaceutical products
- Dispensing prescribed pharmaceuticals
- Patient counselling and medication reviews
- Maintaining medication profiles of customers
- Ensuring proper storage of pharmaceutical products
- Maintenance of pharmacy stock through inventory control systems
- Advising customers on selection and use of non-prescription medication
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Licensed Pharmacist in the Province of British Columbia
- Member in good standing with the BC Pharmacy Association
- Knowledge of Kroll Pharmacy System an asset
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Experience in LTC and/or hospital pharmacy preferred
- Customer service mindset
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- High level of professionalism, energy, enthusiasm and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Efficient time management abilities; effective organization and planning skills
- Other duties as required
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada, then we want to hear from you!
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Nanaimo, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-10-10