OverviewCentral NL Regional Health Centre Clinical Pharmacist IE Full Time in Grand Falls-Windsor, NL
Central NL Regional Health Centre
Branch Grand Falls-Windsor NL CA
Clinical Pharmacist IE
Grand Falls-Windsor, NL
The Pharmacy Department is responsible for providing pharmaceutical services to the region. As an integral member of the team, the Clinical Pharmacist ID will…
The Clinical Pharmacist IE reports to the Regional Director of Pharmacy and will share in all aspects of operations. The successful candidate provides a comprehensive assessment of clients’ medication requirements and therapy, medication selection, dosage, route and method of administration and delivers individual or group counselling.
As an integral member of the team, the Clinical Pharmacist ID will be responsible for a variety of clinical pharmacy services and for providing pharmaceutical care, counseling individuals and patient groups, and participating in distribution services, with the support of a Pharmacy Technician. The successful applicant will also conduct staff in-services, daily rounds, computer based pharmacokinetic monitoring, and drug utilization reviews. The Pharmacy Department is responsible for providing pharmaceutical services to the region. The successful candidate may be required to rotate weekly duties of the Pharmacy Department including rotation of weekends and statutory holidays as required.
The successful applicant will be committed to safety and partner with all team members to improve worker and client/patient safety by integrating safety into work practices, identifying risks, and implementing improvements.
* Bachelor of Science (Pharmacy).
* Successful completion of Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada National Exam.
* Current registration and licensure with the Newfoundland and Labrador Pharmacy Board.
* PhC designation.
* Demonstrated strong communication and presentation skills as well as an ability to work effectively in a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment.
* Demonstrated experience with multidisciplinary rounds, medication reconciliation, falls prevention, Accreditation Canada Standards, and Meditech computer systems.
* Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
* A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required for this position.
* A satisfactory certificate of conduct from the RCMP or local police authority.
*Previous experience with a Regional Health Authority
Hours of Work: 75 hours biweekly (Shift work may be required)
Salary: CG-41 ($36.32 – $42.83)
Competition No.: P-2016000656-CNF
Closing Date: November 8, 2016
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-02