OverviewCentral 1 Credit Union Project Coordinator, Marketing (Full-time temporary, 12 months) Temporary in Vancouver, BC
Central 1 Credit Union
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Project Coordinator, Marketing (Full-time temporary, 12 months)
Close projects and capture essential lessons learned for future project use. Project Coordination Responsibilities:….
Job Description This position is responsible for general project coordination and marketing support. This includes developing and implementing department, Central 1 and credit union client projects and initiatives, to ensure programs are successfully completed. This position is responsible for the implementation of marketing, events, sales, promotional initiatives and project planning while providing leadership to project teams.
You’ll be primarily accountable for:
- Coordinating marketing programs and promotions, overseeing suppliers, scheduling and implementation, including scope, budget and assignment of project team responsibilities.
- Providing marketing communications support to other departments at Central 1 and individual credit unions. Identify opportunities and provide planning, development and production services.
- Project Coordination Responsibilities:
• Gather and analyze project requirements including scope, budget and timeline in order to write creative briefs and develop communication plans.
• Collect cost information on project in order to prepare an estimate and build out detailed budget plans for clients.
• Develop project plan using project management software to determine the timeline and critical path.
• Provide marketing expertise to clients to suggest solutions that will fit their needs.
• Develop and lead cross-functional teams to obtain their commitment to achieve the project objectives, while providing advice and direction to the team.
• Participate and lead client presentations to show them creative concepts and explain how they will achieve project objectives.
• Work closely with the client and other stakeholders to communicate project plans and status and provide regular updates and ensuring project milestones are met.
• Deal with issues that arise during a project and resolve them to satisfaction with the clients, suppliers and stakeholders.
• Ensure project deliverables meet stated requirements and are delivered on time and budget.
• Manage project budgets to ensure all expenses are accounted for and revenue collected.
• Close projects and capture essential lessons learned for future project use.
- Assisting with and provide support for special events such as the Tradeshows and Conferences.
- Maintaining contact with credit unions regarding marketing programs and initiatives to increase sales and exposure.
- Post-secondary education specializing in marketing and/or business studies
- 2-3 years’ experience in a marketing project coordination role, ideally within the credit union system
- Knowledge of project planning and coordination principles, tools and techniques; ability to conduct effective and thorough reviews of customer project requirements and deliverables and oversee projects and team resources to successful completion
- Organization, planning and time-management skills with attention to detail with multi-task capabilities
- Capacity to adapt, deal with ambiguity and to implement changes
- Good negotiation and proven communication skills and capable to interact at all levels of the organization with tact and diplomacy
- Autonomous, creative mind, positive attitude and change-driven
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required and previous exposure to the credit union system would be an asset
- Good interpersonal skills in person, via email and on the phone with a client focus and the ability to work with staff and clients at all levels
- Relationship management skills are required to manage, coordinate, and integrate input from a diverse range of suppliers and clients
- Proficient with MS Office
- Knowledge of the following would be an asset but are not required:
o Accounting program (Quickbooks)
o Online project management (Wrike)
o Social Media platforms
Additional Information As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for a disability-related accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Reporting to: Manager, Client Services
Date Posted: October 25, 2016
Internal Applicants must apply by: November 2, 2016
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*
**If you have issues or questions about the application process, please email humanresources @central1.com with a description of your problem**
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01