OverviewCelgene Corporation Senior Product Manager, Inflammation & Immunology Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Senior Product Manager, Inflammation & Immunology
4 years direct sales in pharmaceutical / biotech industry preferred with at least 2 years in Dermatology markets preferred….
Celgene is a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives. Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health. We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries – and growing – we look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
Senior Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager is an important leadership role, mandated with providing leadership and direction to the brand, as well as developing and executing programs and materials to support brand growth, expansion and development. He/she will lead a cross functional brand team, as well as liaise with Global and US brand leadership teams, and be recognized as the subject matter expert in the organization. He/she will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the therapeutic area and disease state(s), the competitive landscape and the overall market, and will have been successful in the development and execution of strategies to respond to unique or challenging market dynamics.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, action oriented, collaborative and values based culture. He/she is a natural leader, a self starter with a passion to make a difference. Demonstrated ability to work independently while also participating as a core team member will be critical to success in the role.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and executes therapeutic area brand plans including 3-5 year strategic plan, as well as annual tactical marketing and launch plans for the franchise. He/she will prepare and execute the launch plan for Apremilast.
- Equipped with strong strategic business acumen and market knowledge, he/she will identify and assess market challenges, creating strategies to drive future performance of the brand.
- Work cross-functionally with commercial team members (marketing, sales, analytics, reimbursement, medical affairs, etc.) to develop and execute programs and materials to support best-in-class launch of apremilast.
- Manages product life cycle through engagement of other areas such as Market Access, Regulatory Affairs, and Medical
- Provides input into forecasting including key data-driven assumptions;
- Manage allotted budget while maximizing effectiveness of resources and funds
- Monitors and evaluates competitive products and marketplace dynamics
- Manages supply chain and distribution strategy in collaboration with operations.
- Manages internal review / approval process for promotional launch materials.
- Contributes to reimbursement strategy and tactics
- Develops and implements CME (Continuing Medical Education) Programs and national/satellite symposia with or without the help of a CME manager
- Educates sales force on product, strategy and tactics, effectively interacts with sales force and handles field requests.
- Develops and implements POA for business meetings
- Establishes collaborative working relationships with national KOLs for advisory input on strategic issues
- Prepares for launch of future indications / products
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- MBA or graduate degree a plus
- 4 years direct sales in pharmaceutical / biotech industry preferred with at least 2 years in Dermatology markets preferred.
- Minimum 2 years product management, with experience being in charge of a specialty launch a plus
- Previous Inflammation / Immunology experience preferred, with specialty experience acceptable.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of pharmaceutical business, including the roles of regulatory, medical and a working knowledge of reimbursement at hospital, provincial and private payer levels
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Significant experience developing and driving brand and or franchise plans in the pharmaceutical marketplace, as well as an advanced understanding of marketing principles
- Excellent technical aptitude and marketing ability
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, project management and E-mail and presentation software
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-05