OverviewCEED Business Advisor (Part-time) Part Time in Halifax, NS
Branch Halifax NS CA
Business Advisor (Part-time)
Innovative – develop new and creative approaches to assisting clients. Assist with the development of new and creative workshops to ensure that SEB participants…
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Entrepreneurship Development, the Business Advisor position is accountable for business counseling services focused on the development of successful start-up companies in HRM and area.
CEED’S Core Competencies
- Collaboration – working effectively and respectfully with others
- Community – delivering high quality client services
- Innovation – thinking things through and solving problems
- Impact – showing initiative and being action –oriented.
- Organizational skills, effectively and efficiently manages time, efforts and workload while delivering high quality client support
- Work one on one with CEED clients to guide them in the development of their business plans
- Assist clients in finding a path to business solutions.
- Promote CEED’s suite of services
- Maintain constant contact with participants and conduct monthly progress evaluations
- Track individual participant’s milestones and ensure proper adherence to plan
- Work closely with CEED training team to ensure proper delivery of SEB program
- Facilitation, quality improvement, effective communication, continuous learning
- Facilitate new workshop topics for SEB participants
- Assist with the development of new and creative workshops to ensure that SEB participants are receiving the highest quality learning experience
- Outreach, collaboration, communication, partnership building
- Build CEED’s brand and network in the community.
- Education in business administration or equivalent
- Relevant experience as a business consultant (3-5 years) and/or successful experience as an entrepreneur.
- An effective communicator with facilitation experience
- Experience as an entrepreneur and/or working with entrepreneurs
- Problem solver with strong business and analytical skills
- Innovative – develop new and creative approaches to assisting clients
- Relationship builder – proven ability to develop and maintain working relationships with clients to ensure a client-centered approach
- It is essential that the Small Business Advisor be able to work with diverse clients
- Must be able to work in a team setting
- Knowledge of the economic impact of small businesses in Nova Scotia, as well as a general knowledge of current business trends and opportunities
- Effective written and oral communication skills relating to diverse audiences
- Must be very organized and demonstrate excellent judgment
- Ability to understand and manage multiple priorities
- High level of discretion (keep sensitive information confidential)
- Ability to work well under stress and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to respond to situations with diplomacy, tact and discretion
- Strong computer literacy skills
- A typical work day is from Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm, however occasional travel within HRM and across NS may be necessary.
- CEED is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
- This is a part-time position (21 hours per week) with compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications).
To apply electronically, click on the Apply Now button.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Halifax, NS, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10