OverviewCCAC Human Resources Associate Contract in Brampton, ON
Branch Brampton ON CA
Human Resources Associate
This role will also support the Wellness program coordination for the organization. Specifically, the Human Resources Associate will work with committees, work…
Human Resources Associate
Bring your human resources, health and safety experience to this Temporary Full-time role as a Human Resources Associate for the Central West Community Care Access Centre (CCAC). Please note: the duration of this contract is for six (6) months with the possibility of extension.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager and Regional Occupational Health and Safety Manager, the HUMAN RESOURCES ASSOCIATE will lead, support and act as a resource for the implementation and ongoing coordination of the Central West CCAC health and safety program, attendance and disability management activities for the achievement of corporate Health and Safety and Human Resources strategic objectives. This role will also support the Wellness program coordination for the organization. Specifically, the Human Resources Associate will work with committees, work groups and task force as required for the successful program coordination for Health and Safety, Wellness, Attendance and Disability management while performing other human resources generalist functions.
LOCATION: Brampton, Ontario
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Rehabilitation Services, Occupational Health, or related discipline from a recognized university
- Minimum 3 – 5 years progressive experience in human resources advisory role required
- Previous experience in a safety related role and/or responsible related experience in disability management or equivalent combination of education and experience an asset
- Occupational Health and Safety certification (preferred)
- Strong planning and organizational skills; good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Discretion, judgement and ability to deal with highly confidential information, sensitive issues and emotional situations
- Demonstrated success in establishing, leading and maintaining positive change
- Ability to deal with multiple complex issues and manage multiple priorities
- Self-directed and strong collaborative skills, highly flexible and adaptable
- Superior critical thinking skills and ability to generate ideas and “out of the box” thinking
- Previous experience working with unionized workforce
- Experience with MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Office
- Demonstrated proficiency with work processing spreadsheet and database software, including computerized HRIS
- Possess excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills and have the ability to engage a wide range of audience
- Is a ‘competent person’ as defined by the Occupational Health & Safety Act, and responsible for duties as outlined in the Occupational Health & Safety Act in section 27(1)
- Demonstrates commitment to the Central West CCAC’s mission and values
- Fluency in French is an asset
WHO WE ARE
Each year, over 600,000 people count on the Community Care Access Centres (CCACs) of Ontario as their single point of access for community services. CCACs play a pivotal role in helping clients navigate the complexities of the health care system, and we are dedicated to supporting and enhancing the quality of life, independence, health and well-being of individuals in the communities we serve.
Employees at the Central West CCAC enjoy a competitive compensation package which includes a comprehensive benefit plan. We are committed to creating a work environment that fosters continuous learning at all levels of our organization including ongoing internal learning opportunities, formal training events and conferences.
HOW TO LEARN MORE AND APPLY
If you are seeking a chance to truly make a difference in the lives of others as well as your own, please apply on-line. All applications will be reviewed.
We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
We are governed by the requirements of the French Language Services Act and therefore encourage applications from bilingual candidates.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Brampton, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23