OverviewCCAC Communications Specialist Contract in Oakville, ON
Branch Oakville ON CA
Develops an editorial calendar that drives website updates to keep the site fresh. We’re Seeking Exceptional People to Join Our Team….
We’re Seeking Exceptional People to Join Our Team
Mississauga Halton Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) is committed to providing outstanding care -every person, every day.
As one of 14 CCACs across Ontario, our staff help patients and families plan and make informed choices about their health care options. To do this, they work in partnership with patients, families, care providers, hospitals, Primary Care, long-term care homes and others. At the heart of our work is quality community care that focuses on meeting each patient’s best interests and needs. Whether a job involves direct patient contact or supports those who interact with patients daily, we empower every employee to focus on our patients and their families. As demand for Mississauga Halton CCAC services continues to rise, we have a strategic plan that positions us to successfully meet this challenge. Integral to this plan is having exceptional people in place.
For more information on Mississauga Halton CCAC, please visit our website at http://healthcareathome.ca/mh .
We are recruiting a Communication Specialist – Primary Care
Date Posted: September 16, 2016
Date Closed: September 23, 2016
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Executive Lead PC (MH LHIN)
Primary Care Physician Lead (MH LHIN)
Category: Temporary Full Time (One Year Contract)
Team: Mississauga Halton Local Health Integration Network (MH LHIN)
Primary assigned location: 700 Dorval Drive, Oakville (MH LHIN)
Reporting to the Executive Lead Primary Care at the Mississauga Halton LHIN, the Communications Specialist is responsible for providing communications and administrative support for the Primary Care Portfolio including the Primary Care Physician Lead for the Mississauga Halton LHIN and the Mississauga Halton Primary Care Network (PCN). The Communications Specialist researches, develops and implements communications activities, including the maintenance of and content development for the PCN website. The Communications Specialist will also be responsible for the tracking and reporting of community engagement activities for the Mississauga Halton LHIN.
Key accountabilities of this position include:
- Maintains the PCN web site; acts as a liaison with the website vendor
- Develops an editorial calendar that drives website updates to keep the site fresh
- Writes and develops content for the website, actively working with stakeholders, including revisions of offline content to online format
- Stimulates and facilitates online discussions on the chat board
- Coordinates the addition of new materials and development of new features to be added to the website
- Tracks website statistics
- Implements PCN communications; desktop publishes communications materials and develops content
- Receives direction from Primary Care Physician Lead and liaises with relevant stakeholders to ensure communications reflect PCN strategic direction and are appropriate for target audience
- Liaises with professional services such as design firms and printers as required
- Develops and maintains current all materials for print
- Familiar with the Adobe Suite (Illustrator) to develop new resource branding and logos etc.
- Supports PCN outreach to relevant community groups and stakeholders
- Prepares presentation materials and speeches
- Assists with the organization of media and public relations special events as required
- Manages communication schedule to deploy various communications
- Familiar with social media vehicles including Twitter and Hootsuite to promote the PCN
- Assists with planning and execution of Primary Care Clinic Day and PCN events and other events as requested
- Designs and desktop publishes promotional and supporting materials as required
- Manages multiple vendors including venues, catering, promotional, etc.
- Organizing meeting logistics including scheduling, meeting material preparation and distribution, catering and minute taking.
- Supporting meeting scheduling for the Primary Care Physician Lead
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of written materials and ensures proper distribution
- Maintains confidentiality of material being developed and appropriate paper and electronic files for the department
- Collaborates with LHIN staff to support effective community engagement activity
- Monitors tracking mechanisms for community engagements completed by LHIN staff to ensure compliance with requirements
- Creates reports on community engagement activity for Ministry and public audiences
- Post-secondary Degree, Certificate or Diploma in Communications/Public Relations
- Two (2) to three (3) years corporate communications experience in a multi-stakeholder environment, preferably in the health care industry (or equivalent combination of education and/or experience)
- Experience in providing effective communications in a change environment
- Knowledge of current communications theories, disciplines, techniques, best practices and planning methods including marketing concepts and approaches
- Knowledge of appropriate methods, protocols, approaches and tools related to public relations and public events planning
- Demonstrated ability to write for a broad range of exceptional copy in a variety of media
- Ability to use a variety of software programs, databases and programs including the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, as well as Prezi online tool
- Understanding and commitment to quality service and best practice
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change
- Self-directed with an ability to organize, plan, prioritize and multi-task
- Demonstrated critical thinking
- Very organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to analyze information, problem-solve and make good decisions
- Must have flexible hours to attend occasional evening meetings and events
- Basic HTML knowledge a plus
Thank you for your interest in joining our exceptional team at Mississauga Halton Community Care Access Centre!
To apply for this vacancy please submit a resume with covering letter referencing FY1617-090 via the link below .
Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mississauga Halton CCAC is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace, committed to Employment Equity. We welcome diversity in the workplace, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. We will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted. To receive any Mississauga Halton CCAC document required by the Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act (AODA) and its standards, or to receive any public document on our website in an alternate format, please contact our Communications Department at 905-855-9090 or 1-877-336-9090.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-09-21