OverviewCBC/Radio-Canada Solutions Architect (French Services) Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Solutions Architect (French Services)
As a Solution Architect you will:. Is seeking a creative, highly skilled and talented Solutions Architect for….
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians. So, if you’ve got the ability to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing industry, the passion to make the next great idea even better and the drive to make things happen, this is the place for you.
The CBC Broadcast Management Applications Portfolio is seeking a creative, highly skilled and talented Solutions Architect for our downtown Montreal Office Location. This role will primarily be focused on the design and implementation of Development solutions for our partners within the Broadcast Management Business Unit.
As a Solution Architect you will:
- Be responsible for the overall architecture of one or more application systems within the Applications Portfolio and define the solutions and platform architectures for new development projects
- You contribute to the development of standards and guidelines for Application Architecture and contribute to the continuous improvement of the architecture of our applications
- Participate in design reviews; validate technology approaches and associated work products to ensure adherence to company guidelines
- Provide continuity in all major application solution decisions
- Ensure existing application- and/or data-security policies are followed, and incorporate security requirements into the overall architecture
- Ensure data quality and integrity in accordance with defined roles, processes, and criteria
- Develop proof of concept prototypes for solutions and platforms to ensure viability
- Validate code quality of internally developed applications and address software performance issues
- Perform Development tasks including hands-on development and coding, unit, integration and functional testing as well as deployment support and application maintenance
- Provide technical leadership of senior application developers for complex technical issues related to complex coding, and design problems. You assume leadership and ensure mentoring and coaching of senior developers and ensure technical skill development
Technical Knowledge and Experience:
- Software Engineering Degree in Computer science (or the equivalent)
- A Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in application development with progressively senior roles related to Senior Application Development
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the application architecture/design, coding and their applications
- Thorough and detailed understanding of application performance issues and performance tuning techniques
- Familiarity and experience with at least one architecture framework (e.g., Zachman, TOGAF) is an asset
- Proven familiarity with software architecture design patterns and their application
- Thorough understanding of object oriented programming and design, SOA, common web technologies (PHP, AJAX, HTML 5, XML, XSLT, JSON, 3rd Party API’s)
- Proven expertise in programming languages and Application development (including C# and SharePoint, Biz Talk,Java, ASP.Net and VB.Net), familiarity with current trends and industry best practices
- Experience in programming synchronic and asynchronic interfaces using Java, C # or ASP.NET, bus messaging, XML and Web SOAP or Rest Web services
- Thorough and complete understanding and usage of the Visual Studio Development Suite
- Strong knowledge of Oracle, SQL server and MySQL data bases
- Performance Tuning, Memory Management; and Analysis (Quest, AIX nmon, HP Perfmon)
- Virtualization tools such as Citrix, VmWare
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint is an asset
Related Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and customer service skills
- You must demonstrate the ability to understand customers’ business issues, needs, and/or business opportunities and to design a solution that completely and accurately allow your customer to achieving its goals/objectives
- Extremely creative, talented at problem solving and designing fulsome solutions
- Ability to quickly learn on the job and work within tight timelines
- Ability to stay current with the latest technologies, trends and development approaches and architectures while maintaining commitments to projects and support requirements
- Ability to mentor and lead more junior development team members through example and technical expertise
- Knowledge of French and English is an asset
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting our country’s diversity.
In becoming the leader in expressing Canadian culture and enriching democratic life, we need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our workforce and on air. As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster.
For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our corporate website.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location Montreal
Job Posting Aug 17, 2015, 9:33:33 AM
Unposting Date Aug 31, 2015, 10:59:00 PM
Status of Employment Permanent
Work schedule(s) Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-19