OverviewCBC/Radio-Canada Social Media Presenter (English Services) Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Social Media Presenter (English Services)
Job requires three to four years of newsroom experience that includes proven knowledge of digital news media and social media distribution….
Social Media Presenter (English Services) – TOR06187
Job Family Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location Toronto
Position Language Requirement English Only
Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing / Speaking) – – –
Status of Employment Temporary
Work schedule(s) Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Please note this is a one-year temporary position
The Social Media Presenter for CBC News plays a key public-facing role by interacting with the audience through the country’s largest news social media feeds. The SMP knows when to engage in conversation, speaking with a smart, authentic and authoritative journalistic voice. The role requires exceptional skill in writing social media treatments, with formats ranging from Instagram stories to Youtube explainers. The SMP is an experienced journalist, with a strong background in news and knowledge of news on various social media platforms. Work is governed by and adheres to CBC journalistic and programming policies, standards and practices. Advice and guidance are available but initiative and independent judgment are expected. This role requires working evenings and weekends.
- Engages with audience via social media. Includes proactively fostering a high-level two-way exchange with the audience, and responding to audience inquiries when appropriate.
- Runs Facebook Live streams that require interaction with the CBC News audience; Guides reporters and hosts on best practices and can organize live locations, camera operators and production elements
- Identifies and creates content to optimize and distribute on specific CBC News social platforms to target specific audiences.
- Helps align distributed content with daily priorities of the CBC News team.
- Can contribute to social media planning for news specials, features and future events.
- Spots emerging stories, flags to appropriate units (news, business, arts, tech, health, regions).
- Helps verify news stories through social posts.
- Can train others on various social platforms, updating best practices.
What we are looking for:
- Job requires a university degree or equivalent.
- Job requires three to four years of newsroom experience that includes proven knowledge of digital news media and social media distribution.
- Has journalism experience, specifically in news
- Has strong knowledge of news on social platforms, including emerging social platforms
- Has expertise in how to best use video, photos, text and other tools to enhance social posts.
- Has a deep understanding of social analytics and ability to direct social media efforts in response to metrics, audience targeting.
- Has an understanding of the CBC’s Journalistic Standards and Practices.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Posting Date Jan 5, 2018, 10:20:59 PM
Unposting Date Jan 20, 2018, 7:59:00 AM
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-10