OverviewCBC/Radio-Canada Senior Remote Area Transmitter Technologist (Corporate Services) Full Time in Nelson, BC
Branch Nelson BC CA
Senior Remote Area Transmitter Technologist (Corporate Services)
Broadcast, electronics, electrical, or telecommunications. What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada….
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians. So, if you’ve got the ability to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing industry, the passion to make the next great idea even better and the drive to make things happen, this is the place for you.
The CBC/Radio Transmission division of CBC is looking for a bright and energetic individual to join its Nelson team in the role of a Senior Remote Area Transmitter Technologist. The successful candidate will be involved in installing, troubleshooting, and modifying transmission equipment, satellite communication systems, and facilities ensuring their proper operating condition. You will also align, test and configure equipment and systems, including the related software, in order to obtain and confirm optimal performance or to identify existing or potential problems.
Also, you will perform and document repairs and regular preventive maintenance procedures according to established procedures and corporate standards. You will carry out and assist in the development of quality control procedures, prepare and correct documents, schematics, functional drawings, specification tables and layout diagrams. In addition, you will contact suppliers for equipment, services or advice, and operate motor vehicles. You guide the development and assist in the training of other employees, as well as contribute ideas and make recommendations to overcome problems or achieve desired results.
As required, you may troubleshoot and maintain other equipment associated with remote transmitter sites; maintain complete transmitter sites including buildings, grounds and roads; travel to remote locations under short notice and difficult conditions and work on satellite dishes.
Please note: Must pass a written corporate exam according to established standards.
Position Location is Nelson, BC.
- Broadcast, electronics, electrical, or telecommunications technology degree or diploma at an accredited educational institution, covering general knowledge regarding maintenance of equipment, systems and relevant software technologies
- Four years of practical and relevant experience. Equivalent education and/or experience may be considered
- Valid driver’s license with five years of practical driving experience
- Overall general knowledge regarding maintenance of equipment, systems and relevant software technologies
- Must have a total of four years practical and relevant experience
- Must pass a written corporate exam according to established standards
- At a minimum, must have graduated from a two year electronic technology program at an accredited educational institution or its equivalent
- Frequent travel may be required and includes long distance trips
- Minimum of five years of practical driving experience
- Must be able to travel and to work alone at remote locations under difficult conditions
- Must be able to meet the identified physical requirements of the position
- Problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills needed
- Self-motivated, initiative, conscientious
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly
- Reliable and autonomous
- Work under minimum supervision
- Work in a team environment or individually
- Available for overtime
- Hours of work: 24/7 operations: days, evenings and nights from Monday to Sunday
- Excellent communication skills
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting our country’s diversity.
In becoming the leader in expressing Canadian culture and enriching democratic life, we need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our workforce and on air. As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster.
For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our corporate website.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Broadcast Engineering
Primary Location Nelson
Job Posting Mar 18, 2015, 10:28:09 AM
Unposting Date Apr 17, 2015, 10:59:00 PM
Status of Employment Permanent
Work schedule(s) Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Nelson, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21