CBC/Radio-Canada Producer, Social Media – CBC Music (English Services) Contract in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Producer, Social Media – CBC Music (English Services)
Exercises editorial responsibility as delegated by management. Demonstrated superior writing, editorial, vetting and digital/social packaging skills….
Producer, Social Media – CBC Music (English Services) - TOR06457
Job Family Media Production
Primary Location Toronto
Position Language Requirement English Only
Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing / Speaking) – – -
Status of Employment Contract
Work schedule(s) Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Please note: This role is a one year contract and will require working evenings and weekends.
We are looking for an experienced digital content creator who lives and breathes social media and is keen to be on the cutting edge of the latest research and innovation in this field. You understand what types of content perform best and when, and know how to grab attention and engagement. You love CBC Music content and have a keen desire to be creative in delivering it to a wider audience.
Working as part of the social team in our CBC Music team, the Producer will be responsible, on a daily basis, for writing, editing and packaging timely, engaging and shareable social posts connected to the programming on CBC Music’s programs and events (CBC Music Festival, JUNO Awards, Polaris Music Prize, etc.).
You will be responsible for maximizing engagement with our content by interacting with the audience through comments, as well as identifying trends and creating opportunities for interaction on all existing and emerging social platforms.
You are plugged into the latest music news, stories, and comfortable making independent editorial decisions in accordance with CBC’s JSP, as well as collaborating and liaising with other parts of the CBC as needed.
Your sophisticated understanding of visual storytelling and social media is combined with your skills as a critical thinker, communicator, and problem solver who is resourceful, organized, creative and calm under pressure.
- Conceives, develops and organizes ideas, treatments and timing for social and digital content in coordination with CBC Music programs, events, and other content creators.
- Pitches, creates and packages social and digital content including researching, gathering, writing and/or editing.
- Analyses and learns from metrics and reports to enhance performance of content on social platforms.
- Exercises editorial responsibility as delegated by management.
- Packages and posts content for presentation on social platforms in a creative way, adhering to best practices and maximizing share-ability of content.
- Collaborates on social media strategies and with other partners in order to optimize audience reach.
- Proactively engages with audience on social channels and responds to audience inquiries and complaints when warranted.
- Flags relevant and emerging stories to appropriate shows.
- Ensures, proper copyright clearance of material used on all digital platforms, including social.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- A university degree or equivalent.
- Three years’ digital media experience, including specific responsibilities around managing social platforms.
- Demonstrated superior writing, editorial, vetting and digital/social packaging skills.
- Working knowledge of CBC’s Journalistic Standards and Practices.
- Understanding of stats and analytics platforms (Adobe Analytics, Chartbeat) and able to make editorial decisions informed by data.
- Ability to adapt writing voice to each program’s criteria, tone and objectives.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Basic HTML, Photoshop and Adobe Premiere skills.
- Fluency with social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Snapchat.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing work patterns, processes and methods.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment and keep to tight deadlines with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Independent and self-motivated, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- An excellent communicator.
- Knowledge of production demands of network radio and TV programs.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Job Posting Date May 22, 2018, 8:25:53 PM
Unposting Date Jun 6, 2018, 6:59:00 AM