OverviewCBC/Radio-Canada Native Application Developer Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Native Application Developer
Canadians, home and abroad. We need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our. Canada’s public broadcaster….
Native Application Developer – CBC Music
Join us to help deliver an international, digital music service offering with a unique Canadian perspective
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians. So, if you’ve got the ability to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing industry, the passion to make the next great idea even better and the drive to make things happen, this is the place for you.
Please note this is a one-year contract position with a possibility of extension.
The position is based in Toronto.
Simply stated, our team’s goal is to provide an excellent app experience for Canadians, home and abroad.
- Prototyping, implementing, unit testing
- Supporting enhancements, feature requests, bug fixes
- Creating documentation
- Providing domain expertise and actively collaborating with web developers, designers, system administrators, and CBC Music managers — all the while abiding by standards and processes defined by the Lead Engineer.
You possess the following:
- University degree or equivalent experience — with experience publishing and maintaining an iOS App in market is required
- Strong programming skills in Objective-C and an up-to-date familiarity with the iOS SDK and Xcode
- Passion for building frictionless user interfaces
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Thorough understanding of design patterns and SOLID principles
- Android experience a definite plus
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting our country’s diversity.
In becoming the leader in expressing Canadian culture and enriching democratic life, we need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our workforce and on air. As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster.
For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our corporate website: www.cbc.ca/jobs
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you! We thank you for your interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location Toronto
Job Posting Sep 21, 2015, 2:40:51 PM
Unposting Date Oct 5, 2015, 10:59:00 PM
Status of Employment Contract
Work schedule(s) Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23