OverviewCBC/Radio-Canada Manager, Operations & Contingency Planning (Corporate Services) Full Time in Montréal, QC
Branch Montréal QC CA
Manager, Operations & Contingency Planning (Corporate Services)
Reporting to the Director, Operations & Contingency Planning, the Manager will be primarily responsible for ensuring cooperation, communication and synergy all…
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians. So, if you’ve got the ability to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing industry, the passion to make the next great idea even better and the drive to make things happen, this is the place for you.
CBC/Radio-Canada’s Media Technology and Infrastructure Services (MTIS) department is currently looking for Manager skilled in communicating and forging strong relationships with key actors and decision makers internally and with external partners. Reporting to the Director, Operations & Contingency Planning, the Manager will be primarily responsible for ensuring cooperation, communication and synergy all while participating in the development, maintenance and coordination of operational emergency and Continuity planning for threats, crises and disasters, including but not limited to power outages, core system failure, labour disruptions and natural disasters etc., affecting operations or facilities. The Manager will help develop and evaluate operational plans for emergency response, resumption and restoration of operations for CBC/Radio-Canada locations.
The Operations & Contingency Planning team provides support to ensure the continuity of the business, the safety of the people and the successful recovery to business as usual in the event of a disruption. More specifically, the team focuses on prevention and mitigation; emergency preparedness and emergency response.
- University diploma or postsecondary studies in a relevant field
- Experience in developing and implementing communication plans
- Excellent knowledge of internal and external communications and best practises
- Knowledge of security and emergency measure management an asset
- Associate Business Continuity Professional certification (ABDP) an asset
- Ability to quickly assess emergency situations and function well under pressure
- Ability to anticipate situations and forecast scenarios and put forth a structured communication plan
- Superior problem solving and communication skills, able to clearly articulate issues and make recommendations to all levels of management, based on findings and discussions with key stakeholders
- Ability to travel on occasion
- Bilingual (written and spoken).
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting our country’s diversity.
In becoming the leader in expressing Canadian culture and enriching democratic life, we need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our workforce and on air. As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster.
For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our corporate website.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Media Production
Primary Location Montreal
Job Posting Jan 19, 2017, 2:56:31 PM
Unposting Date Feb 18, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Status of Employment Permanent
Work schedule(s) Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23