CBC/Radio-Canada Executive Producer, Investigative (English Services) Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Executive Producer, Investigative (English Services)
Demonstrated skill in cross-platform media production and roll outs. Experience working on national and international co productions with other news media…
Executive Producer, Investigative (English Services) – TOR06285
Position Language Requirement English Only
Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing / Speaking) – – -
Status of Employment Temporary
Work schedule(s) Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Please note that this a one-year contract.
As the Executive Producer (EP) – CBC News Investigations – you will be responsible for developing new editorial and programming workflows to drive high-impact investigative stories for CBC News.
In this position you will be a key leader responsible for identifying the major investigative stories CBC should own. You will captain broadly-based editorial teams bringing together journalists from our programs, units and platforms to collaborate to deliver big investigative stories to our newscasts on a regular basis.
In this role you will also work to strengthen the CBC’s role as a leading content destination for investigative journalism and develop practices to help us own the stories we tell in the public eye.
You will be a strong leader, collaborator and communicator who will work directly with reporters, producers and writers and their respective program leaders across the network. This initiative is program-agnostic – whether you are working with the fifth estate, the national, marketplace or a content unit, it’s about bringing together the best talent to get the big story, regardless of what programs or platforms air it
The EP Investigative will also be a key player in creating and leading a network strategy for investigative co-productions. You will seek new partnerships to broaden the impact of our journalism and reach new audiences. You will also develop best practices and implement a consistent strategy for ATIP and FOIA requests across the network.
As one of CBC’s top journalistic leaders with a keen knowledge of JSP and legal risk management, you will be key in ensuring our journalism is aligned with the highest standards of editorial excellence. You will ensure journalism standards and practices are consistently applied to these high-impact stories across all units and platforms.
By taking a leadership role in investigative training and editorial support, you will work with key leaders to deepen and strengthen investigative journalism within the overall CBC news operation and develop investigative craft and talent across the network.
The EP Investigations will report directly to the Senior Director Investigative – Marie Caloz.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree or equivalent.
- Seven (7) years investigative journalism experience of which five must involve work in Canada.
- A strong team leader and communicator with the ability to inspire others, provide feedback and develop skills.
- Demonstrated talent as a writer and programmer with an ear and an eye for narrative, pacing, tone and presentation on all platforms.
- Superior writing, editorial and production skills and knowledge of journalistic standards and practices and legal risk management.
- Demonstrated skill in cross-platform media production and roll outs.
- Solid journalistic background and a keen knowledge of stories and issues affecting Canadians at home and abroad.
- An ability to identify relevant, audience focused stories, which reflect issues being discussed by the general public.
- Quick to react and respond to breaking stories.
- Demonstrated skills in the area of collaboration, conflict resolution, mentoring, talent recognition and development.
- An innovator and risk taker.
- Experience working on national and international co productions with other news media partners.
- A proven commitment to inclusiveness, integrity, relevance and creativity.
- Bilingualism English/French is an asset.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.