OverviewCBC/Radio-Canada Bilingual Station Technician in Charge (French Services) Full Time in Regina, SK
Branch Regina SK CA
Bilingual Station Technician in Charge (French Services)
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians. So, if you’ve got the ability to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing industry, the passion to make the next great idea even better and the drive to make things happen, this is the place for you.
In this leadership role, you will assist the Senior Operations Manager (remotely) and Senior Media Manager (local), in achieving the corporation’s objectives by leading other employees and providing guidance to program areas. This includes assisting the Senior Operations Manager and Senior Media Manager, with long-term strategic planning for the location. Creative problem solving is required to solve operational challenges, to assess and optimize the use of resources, and to motivate employees. Work is generally performed according to accepted CBC/Radio-Canada or industry standards; however independent action, judgment and initiative are expected. There are requirements to work in a self-administered environment.
- Lead and coordinate the maintenance and repairs of (through internal staff or outside contractors where necessary) all office equipment, including computers, office based production equipment, and field production equipment. This includes edit suites, live positions, transmission, and telecommunications.
- Train new staff and advise management on their progress.
- Keep abreast of the industry standard with respect to the technical and production facilities as well as all related equipment. Suggest upgrades, employee training and provide evaluations of operating procedures.
- Maintain familiarity with technical or production installations and all associated equipment.
- Ensure that presentation systems are in proper operating condition.
- Ensure that technical staff maintains equipment in excellent working order and in a ready-state for deployment.
- As required, recommend options for the replacement and upgrading of station equipment to the Senior Operations Manager and Senior Media Manager. Participate in the design/development and installation of new equipment.
- Recommend strategies for cost reductions with respect to technical equipment and work processes.
- Ensure all CBC/Radio-Canada technical standards and practices are adhered to in both operations and equipment maintenance.
- Verify the accuracy of timesheets and work performed.
- Within delegated limits, plan, assign, schedule, coordinate and check the work of assigned staff.
- Follow up regularly with the Senior Operations Manager.
- Confer with team members as part of the performance management process.
- As assigned or required, may perform any or all of the following tasks:
- Perform all or part of the function or duties of equivalent or lower classifications.
- In tandem with the Senior Operations Manager, participate in the hiring process of temporary and permanent employees.
- Consult with the Senior Operations Manager to adhere to the allocated budgets.
- When required, provide cost estimates for the acquisition of technical equipment and supplies. Will purchase technical equipment and supplies within the limits of the authorized amounts.
- Superior knowledge and understanding of production and the distribution of media on radio, television and different online platforms
- College diploma in radio and television arts or equivalent industry experience
- Five years’ related experience
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting our country’s diversity.
In becoming the leader in expressing Canadian culture and enriching democratic life, we need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our workforce and on air. As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster.
For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our corporate website.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location Regina
Job Posting Jan 23, 2017, 4:29:28 PM
Unposting Date Feb 6, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Status of Employment Permanent
Work schedule(s) Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24