CBC/Radio-Canada Associate Producer, TV (English Services) Temporary in Vancouver, BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Associate Producer, TV (English Services)
Under the supervision of Producers and their Senior Producer, the Associate Producer applies judgment and editorial knowledge in order to create the highest…
Associate Producer, TV (English Services) - VAN00815
Job Family Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location Vancouver
Position Language Requirement English Only
Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing / Speaking) – – -
Status of Employment Temporary
Work schedule(s) Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
As a member of the TV Content Unit, the Associate Producer will ensure our television content is reflected on our digital platforms. This could include writing stories, selecting photos, encoding video, writing headlines, soliciting and verifying user-generated content and as well as crowd-sourcing material to the benefit of all CBC News platforms. Under the supervision of Producers and their Senior Producer, the Associate Producer applies judgment and editorial knowledge in order to create the highest quality content for the television platform in the digital space.
- Contributes ideas for local TV content.
- Assists in developing local TV content including writing, researching, and/or editing.
- Takes that TV material and turns it into content for the digital space.
- Selects, edits, crops photos for stories and/or photo galleries.
- Publishes/moderates user-generated videos, photos and text.
As required, performs the following tasks:
- Select music, sound effects and/or actuality for digital video.
- Assign, direct and co-ordinate the work of other personnel working on a project for which the Producer is responsible.
- Edit and mix, or direct the editing and mixing of audio and/or visual elements.
- Write continuity, edit text, edit and prepare elements for local television and digital properties.
- Edit, encode, digitize and package audio and video material for a website using appropriate technologies.
- Assist in maintaining a level of communication or rapport with members of the audience which is both feasible and appropriate to the style and nature of local digital offering.
- Perform other production or administrative tasks associated with the smooth functioning of the newsroom, digital unit, or station.
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree or equivalent with a minimum of two years of relevant experience in television.
- Experience and proven ability with various technical platforms including social media tools, photo editing, video encoding, live chats, content management systems and voting software.
- Proven ability to critically edit articles and restructure them for flow, clarity, conciseness and online or print readability
- Working knowledge of basic HTML.
- Critical observer of trends in social media and its role in News with an ability to spot and recommend tools and applications that will enhance our journalism.
- Proven ability in editing to conform to Standard English grammar, CBC style and proper print spelling and capitalization; knowledge of CBCNews.ca style an asset.
- Experience in determining potential legal issues and journalistic policy violations in print or online copy, and ability to act on them
- Ability to determine the newsworthiness of a story for digital audiences, social media/user-generated content and anticipate needs across platforms.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; strong team player.
- Ability to work effectively under 24/7 online newsroom deadline pressure and to work flexible hours as required.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Job Posting Date Jul 27, 2018, 12:28:08 PM
Unposting Date Aug 11, 2018, 6:59:00 AM