OverviewCBC/Radio-Canada Administrative Assistant (French Services) Full Time in Regina, SK
Branch Regina SK CA
Administrative Assistant (French Services)
As administrative assistant, you will support the Saskatchewan French Services leadership team, as well as coordinate selected administrative matters for all of…
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians. So, if you’ve got the ability to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing industry, the passion to make the next great idea even better and the drive to make things happen, this is the place for you.
As administrative assistant, you will support the Saskatchewan French Services leadership team, as well as coordinate selected administrative matters for all of Western Canada. You will be the main point of contact between the editorial, operations and management teams.
You are responsible for liaising between management and internal/external stakeholders, ensuring they receive relevant information. You must be familiar with and understand administrative policies and procedures to properly advise managers and staff, as well as support operations. Based on established priorities, you plan, organize and coordinate various administrative activities, including organizing meetings and events, as well as drafting miscellaneous documents. You will be privy to confidential information relating to employee files, policies and procedures, organizational transformation, budget constraints, as well as labour relations issues and communications activities.
The role may include, but is not exclusively limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist in preparing work schedules for editorial and technical production staff, post the schedules, and send time sheets to casual employees.
- Adjust schedules and coordinate approvals for exceptions.
- Coordinate the leave request process.
- Advise and support producers, senior producers and managers, ensuring that administrative, budget and programming policies and procedures are properly applied.
- Actively participate in the region’s leadership meetings.
- Prepare and track staff-related transactions.
- Develop and apply administrative guidelines and procedures.
- Help draft the annual business plan.
- Perform monthly budget tracking and support the region’s financial forecasting.
- Track and approve invoices, ensuring that costs are correctly allocated.
- Help prepare budget estimates for special programming projects.
- Draw up contracts between the Corporation and talent/contributors.
- Coordinate the on-boarding of new employees and assist in administering hiring tests.
- College diploma or the equivalent
- Two (2) or more years’ wide-ranging experience in an administrative support role
- Superior French-language skills and good knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid organizational skills
- Strong ability to multitask and prioritize in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to resolve sensitive situations and handle material of a confidential nature
- Ability to work with little supervision, while demonstrating initiative and thoroughness
- Relevant accounting experience an asset
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting our country’s diversity.
In becoming the leader in expressing Canadian culture and enriching democratic life, we need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our workforce and on air. As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster.
For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our corporate website.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Business Support
Primary Location Regina
Job Posting Jan 23, 2017, 12:00:00 AM
Unposting Date Feb 13, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Status of Employment Contract
Work schedule(s) Full-time
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Regina, SK, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-23