OverviewCatholic Social Services Child and Youth Care Worker 16-314 Contract in Edmonton, AB
Catholic Social Services
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Child and Youth Care Worker 16-314
Supporting youth to access to community resources to establish a strong community base of supports. Police Information Check including vulnerable sector search,…
This is a One year contract full-time position for 40 hours per week with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Put your passion for youth to work as a Child and Youth Care Worker.
You will be joining an established Agency that is guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect. With more than 50 years of service delivery, Catholic Social Services is one of the largest multi-function social services agencies in Canada, with more than 1600 staff, and hundreds of volunteers delivering 130+ programs through Central Alberta.
Turnings Points staffs are relationship based, take a trauma informed approach to the clients who are beginning to prepare for the transition to independence and adulthood.
As a Child & Youth Care Worker you will be responsible for:
- Managing a caseload of 6-8 youths.
- Assisting the youth in overcoming barriers in terms of addictions, mental health issues, and their abilities to demonstrative healthy relationships and boundaries.
- Supporting youth through life skills teaching with a hands on approach.
- Assisting the youth in attending appointments, crisis support, managing family relationships.
- Supporting youth to access to community resources to establish a strong community base of supports. Advocating for the youth with positive communication demonstrated.
- Supporting youth to be successful. You are critical in the process of transitioning youth into independence. An organized and compassionate approach to the work, strong team work skills and commitment to developing positive supporting relationships with the clients all around support team are required.
Your Diploma/Degree in Human Services (or equivalent) along with experience with youth programming, youth in care, residential care, and case management has prepared you for this rewarding and challenging position. Your experience with case management combined with your excellent reporting and documentation skills will ensure your success in this role. You are willing to work varied shifts, Monday to Friday , Including some evening . Experience working with youth in care is an asset. A valid driver’s license and vehicle are required for this rewarding opportunity.
The salary for this position is $22.63 to $25.46 per hour based on qualifications and experience .
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We offer flexibility and a supportive working environment
Police Information Check including vulnerable sector search, Intervention Record Check and/ or summary of driving record with less than five (5) demerit points are conditions of employment and the financial responsibility of the candidate.
Please apply online quoting the competition number 16-314 before December 11, 2016
We are an equal opportunity employer
As a Catholic social services agency we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-06